What's new

A little RH Wineador help

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
How does that cigar oasis work with the beads? I wouldn't think it would be necessary once everything is stabilized, but I'm curious to know how that setup works.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The Cigar Oasis is great for those that regularly need to add humidity to the environment. I would say they are more useful in the northern climates where the air is much drier most of the year and moisture is lost at a considerable rate when repeatedly getting into the humidor.

The thing to remember about the Oasis is that it is a one-way humidification device. It can do nothing to pull moisture out of the air if the humidity gets too high, it just pumps it out if it's too low.

So to answer your question directly, I would say it works better with beads than without. The beads help to control smaller humidity shifts and the Oasis does a good job of recharging the system once it has lost enough moisture that the beads cannot operate correctly. Again, this assumes you deal mostly with a problem of keeping humidity UP, not having too much of it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys just wanted to say that I put about 1/2 my sticks in the wineador last night. That's all that would fit without trays... The temp is holding at 66* and the RH.... it's rocking out at 63% on the bottom and 67% on the top. Neither is exactly where I want it but it's a huge improvement! I might not need that ETC after all. Guess if I don't I can always sell or trade to a BOTL. thanks for telling me to fill it up guys.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
:thumbsup:

Give it some time to settle and things should even out some more. The ETC may or may not be necessary. It will, if you use it, allow for things to stabilize even further as it will keep the system from running so much. You might want to consider holding on to it through the summer before you decide to get rid of it. If you don't need it by the time Fall hits, then you know how the system reacts during the hottest part of the year.