What's new

A man can deam...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree if you are feeling cheaper go wine cooler route and if you have the money avallo/aristocrat, especially for peace of mind and customer service.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That's nice
I have about six cabinets and am down sizing for a move so am selling a couple to bad your not closer bro. not worth the shipping.

hdlr

Large Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're going to dream, at least dream about a real quality cabinet like Aristocrat or Avallo. Not this piece of junk.
^^This^^

A few years ago I got tired of all the storage issues and bought a temp and humidity controlled Aristocrat. One of the best things I've ever done.

MI Dave

Petit Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this unit and can confirm that the humidity can only be set to 65, 70 or 75%. I keep a Xicar hygrometer in there as well because I didn't trust the controls on this thing, but they are actually pretty accurate. There is a pretty simple humidification unit, just an open reservoir at the bottom with a fan on the left and right side. The seal on the unit is obviously very good since it is a refrigerator, so I found that using distilled water in the reservoir was a bad idea since the humidity just kept climbing. Now I have a Xicar jar under each fan and 250 ct Xicar humidification unit near the top to help level out the humidity throughout the unit and it runs consistently at 65% and 66-68 deg.

The appearance of the unit is great. Very nice finish on the outside that fits in better with other furniture than a lot of the other wineador style units. The shelving arrangement is not the best with the top two shelves being angled but it still holds A LOT of sticks and does a good job.

I own a cigar shop so like Ron had access to these at wholesales cost, which was the only reason I bought it. If you are going to spend a couple grand on a unit, I would recommend an Avallo or similar unit but this is definitely not a piece of junk as a previous poster stated.