What's new

Are these beads actually working?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have an end table sized Aristocrat humidor with 2 lbs of 65% beads. I've also added 3 containers of Damp Rid, but my humidity still hovers around 72-75%.

Shouldn't the beads draw the humidity out of the humidor, and when they do so shouldn't they appear to be full of water (clear) rather than dry and white?

The only time the beads turn clear is in the winter when I add some water. Here in Florida there is so much humidity that it's a constant battle.

I'm confused about the beads. I would think that with the excess humidity they would absorb moisture and turn clear as they filled.

Help...

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
that damp-rid should drop the humidity very fast. first question, are you using a calibrated hygrometer?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
that damp-rid should drop the humidity very fast. first question, are you using a calibrated hygrometer?
Yea Ron, I actually have two calibrated hygrometer in the humidor. The Damp Rid worked fine until summer hit. I was advised to leave to door open, and when I run my small a/c it does suck some of the humidity out, but as soon as I close the door it builds back up. So, I've dried out the beads (which were wetter than I first thought), and am keeping the door closed to see how that does.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
rememebr that your cigars and humidor hold a lot of moisture. get the room humidity down, and you should notice a drop. also if your humidity is higher than the set point of your humidity controller, it should not run at all. pull you canister out of your cabinet.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
rememebr that your cigars and humidor hold a lot of moisture. get the room humidity down, and you should notice a drop. also if your humidity is higher than the set point of your humidity controller, it should not run at all. pull you canister out of your cabinet.
There's so much humidity in Florida that I've never put water in the controller, never had to. I bought the small window a/c to keep the humidity in the room low, but it doesn't seem to help much in the humidor. I'll just have to keep fighting...

Thanks for your help.