What's new

Avanti 28 for $144.97

dougc905

Mostly pipes
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Browsing the description on Walmart's site, I see that it is "superconductor heat pipe technology" That's just a way of transferring heat. See http://www.cheresources.com/htpipes.shtml

You may want to verify that it isn't a compressor driving the heat pipe before you buy. Don't compressor systems dry the fridge?
Its all good , that model uses a thermoelectric heatsync/fan combination.

I'm in the same boat as snooper800, my unit arrived dinged up and dented from PCRichards, but at least powers up and works. The packaging on these things is not the greatest from the manufacturer and the retailers just slap a shipping label on them and send them out. I hope Wal-Mart/Fed-Ex is a little better.

My Avanti has half the slots for shelves as some of the others out there, so it looks like I'll be using just double trays.

Regards,
Randy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new unit arrived last night from Walmart via FedEx. It shipped from southern cal but the back edge of the left side is dented. But; this one powers up and the seal looks good and tight. I'll be cleaning it up and airing it out this weekend. I agree with Randy; the manufacturer could have done a better job of packing it. The unit is in a standard carboard box with very thin sheets of foam to protect the sides and top.

At any rate, I can live with the side dent, it is not visible from the front and the unit appears to function just fine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
108 degrees this week, but the bulk of my stash is now resting in cool comfort. Still trying to get the humidity to settle down, 2 lbs. of beads and two fans in the rear, along with the wineador's fan moving air around. Once the racks season it should calm down. When this photo was taken it was 102 degrees outside, this room is upstairs and was 85 degrees. The winedor was 66 degrees with 72% humidity, but by the evening it had dropped to 70%.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now I am placing standard cedar cigar trays on each of the six wire shelves. My plan is to use some cedar strips I have to replace the wire shelves. I would guess you could get quite a bit more in it if you had full boxes to store, but I need it for loose cigar storage. My best guess is I can store about 240-250 sticks; more or less based on size. I prefer churchills and large ring sizes, so that number may be too generous. All-in-all, it was a great investment for all of my loose sticks formally housed in smaller humidors where the temp and humidity sucked.

As of this morning, I have it dialed in - six inches from the bottom the temp is 65 degrees, humidity 66%. Six inches from the top the temp is 66 degrees and the humidity is 65%. The trays leave enough room in front/rear for plenty of air to move, and I have two of the Oust fans along with two pounds of 65% beads.

I can't believe it took me this long to come to my senses, considering the investment my cigars represent. I know others here have tons more cigars, but no one is happier than me at this point. Today it is 99 degrees outside, but my sticks are chilling, just like me !!

Happy Fourth !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why you can't. The temperature would be about right and the humidity will not affect the wine. You may get a little condensation when the bottles are first put in, but once they stabilize to the temp/humidity, they should be fine.