What's new

Avanti issue

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
work.this model, when unplugged and plugged back in, resets everything to 54 degrees... so the Ranco ETC, or timers wont

The reason why I went with this Avanti over the Edgestar was the external temp adjustment. They both were the same price, but with the Edgestar I'd have to get the Ranco ETC, which was another $75...
It doesnt matter if the unit resets itself to 54 40 or even 30 degrees when turninng back on. If it set to say 67 inside with a Ranco. It will turn on at 67 and shut down when it reaches your regulated temp. It basically overides your units system.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt matter if the unit resets itself to 54 40 or even 30 degrees when turninng back on. If it set to say 67 inside with a Ranco. It will turn on at 67 and shut down when it reaches your regulated temp. It basically overides your units system.
oh ya good call, i forgot about that.. maybe i might have to drop the extra $ after all... :disappoin

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
and in the summer i use a light timer i got from home depot for like 5 bucks to control the temp.
This is what I did with mine took some time setting it but it is steady at 68......got it set to kick on for 15 min and off for 90 min......works great for a 4 dollar fix.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I did with mine took some time setting it but it is steady at 68......got it set to kick on for 15 min and off for 90 min......works great for a 4 dollar fix.....
what temperature do you keep the room at. At the moment, I have my room set between 68-70 degrees. $4 sounds a little better than $75