What's new

cooled humidor finally done

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You should have gone bigger though.

Hahahaha, just kidding of course. Excellent job, now it's time to enjoy your work of art.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Pants.....getting......tighter......
hahahahaha:headroll:

thanx guys so much.

it's such a relief to know my cigars are fine now. the humidor is just chillin along and it's a great feeling to finally be done.
especially now in that heat wave.

now I just need to get many more cigars

and any of you guys are always welcome at my place to join me for a cigar.

and Dave, I might have to take you up on that offer

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Truly a marvelous piece of work. I'm envious of all you guys that can turn out quality like that. In H.S. wood shop it took me nine months to make a bread board and ended up with a D to boot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats impressive alright. I'm looking to move up to a cabinet humidor and am just beginning to explore the options. I doubt I will go with trying to make one myself but out of curiosity what was your final $$$ on the materials? I have a feeling you saved thousands and could probably make a lot of money as a side hobby if you wanted to. -hint -hint

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
materials were somewhat around $2500ish, but no more than $3000.
making them is not economical for a guy like me because I would have to charge so much that other companies actually end up being cheaper than me yet have been doing this obviously longer.
the only reason I built it myself was the challenge and also I had very clear ideas of the woods I wanted to use.
Arlin Liss would charge around $15-20000 for a piece that size I guess but man his work is amazing, so even if I would charge half that it's still a lot of money.

the veneering is really what took so long, cutting all my own veneer, bookmatching it and veneering the whole case.

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
A first rate piece of craftsmanship!

It`s looking pretty full though. Better get started on a bigger one:grin: