What's new

Craigslist find

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Perusing Craigslist the past couple of weeks, I came across this listing

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3188702510/npumy

(it says deleted because its been sold since the original posting and I asked for a copy of the listing)

I saw the pic, a little fuzzy but could tell is was a Pendergast. I thought the price was ridiculously low so I emailed, asking if it was a posting error. The woman gets back to me and says it was left at a restaurant/bar that they owned and just wanted to move it. I made the meet quickly as I knew this would go pretty fast. I met up with them, the unit was obviously in a public type place as you could see a little wear on the wood but the seals were fine and doors lined up. I looked in the bottom where the humidifier should be and it was missing. Granted the newer models use just a cool mist evaporative unit and it had the fans intact in the humi. I just said, well, theres' supposed to be a humidifier there, I can probably pick one up but it would add to my cost. She says well, what if I let you have it for less than advertised? In short, I picked up the unit for $125 + $45 for the humidifier I just picked up today at Sears. Now, where does it go and how do I tell my wife? lol. G1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In short, I picked up the unit for $125 + $45 for the humidifier I just picked up today at Sears. Now, where does it go and how do I tell my wife? lol. G1
Dude, way to go! I had the same issue with my wife but after I got it home and cleaned it up, she actually liked it. And it does look way better than the two giant purple tupperware containers did.

More pictures!

Dennis

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
In short, I picked up the unit for $125 + $45 for the humidifier I just picked up today at Sears. Now, where does it go and how do I tell my wife? lol. G1
Dude, way to go! I had the same issue with my wife but after I got it home and cleaned it up, she actually liked it. And it does look way better than the two giant purple tupperware containers did.

More pictures!

Dennis
Got it into the living room and realized why it fit so much tighter than my other one. It's 6" wider and 10" taller. She actually liked it but need to move the other one upstairs. I picked up a humidifier today which is a little too much for the unit so need to return it tomorrow and get one with a analog on off switch. Here's a shot with them next to each other.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344563103.842614.jpg
G1

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice find! My only concern for glass fronts is how well they hold temp and RH%.
My original Pendergast unit is about 22 or 23 years old now and the only thing I've had to do with it is change the filter in the humidifier every 3-4 months and of course add water to the reservoir. These units maintain humidity fantastically as the glass is double paned and built well into the unit (If you look at any shop that was around back in the late 80's -90's, they used these units). RH wise, I've never had more than a + or - 1% fluctuation, and as long as the ambient temp around it is fairly constant, they hold very well. Water wise, I probably fill the container maybe 1x a month, depending on how often I go in and out of it. What I love about these is that instead of the humidity being pushed up from the bottom of the shelves, there are openings above each shelf, where the humidity is evenly distributed from shelf to shelf. G1