What's new

Efficient Storage Hydration

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I don't get why people would trust kitty litter to humidify potentially thousands of dollars worth of cigars when beads are more than affordable. I understand you can train the litter but I just can't imagine trusting that much money for something designed for cat feces.
We're not talking about regular clay kitty litter. Do you really think silica gel was invented to hold cat poop? The beads are made out of the same stuff.

I for one find beads can be very hard to get perfect. Litter is actually more effective to work with because it has a larger surface area.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I just recently switched from just beads to a combination of bovedas and beads. Makes recharging the beads much easier, cause really don't have to be so accurate. If I'm over the boveda will absorb the extra and if I'm under the boveda is there to cover the slack. really helps keep the RH steady when we get crazy freeze warnings in the winter.
this is the best and simplest explanation.

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't conside Boveda packa a cost effective long term solution. Beads are your best friend and if you're practical, kittly litter (round silica beads) will do the job just fine; I trust all my babies to the same stuff my cat could piss on.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I recharge my bovedas for traveling by keeping them in my Otterbox 50 count with a small bag of (OMG) KL that is well saturated. The sealed box works great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all very much for your guidance and help. This is the year I get my collection going full force and I appreciate all the ideas posted. I will look into the beads, and I'm sure I will end up w/ a combination of Boveda and something else to prolong the life of a stable environment. Thank you brothers.

-CS