What's new

El Picador - A limited Pepin masterpiece

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Short filler?

The name leads me to think of it as a short filler "Picador" is kinda like "Picadura" witch is the scrap used in short filler.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Short filler?

The name leads me to think of it as a short filler "Picador" is kinda like "Picadura" witch is the scrap used in short filler.
Nope, 100% long leaf, long filler packed into a 5x40 cheroot! :cbig:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry, It was a pleasure speaking with you, looking forward to the sticks.
Thanks
Greg

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Didn't like the Reloba Danilo? Personally, I love the Sumatra.

So Larry what does the box price come out to and what time can I call to make a box purchase?
Nope, Did not like the Reloba. They seem flat compared to his other stuff. Jaime Reserva is great, My father is fantastic.... Reloba, not so much...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a box today somewhere around 117 out the door taxes and all. I would agree that it's different than any other Pepin blend as far as taste. Only smoked one so far but I did get Pepper Spice, along with some kick to it. I did get other flavors such as cream, cedar, and slight sweetness. There were some others I can't quite describe after only one stick but I did enjoy the smoke.

I enjoyed both the Reloba Habano and Summatra as well as the Jamie Reserve which was the best of all three. This stick was a refreshing change of pace so but I wouldn't say it's better than the Jamie Reserve but it smokes very differently.

I need to smoke some more but after just one stick I really like it.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
This is probably the best cigar I've smoked this year - a totally unexpected and exciting stogie.

I'm giving it a 100.
100 and only the best cigar this year. How many 100s do you smoke, I'm thinking it can't get any higher than that. Wouldn't a 100 be the best smoke you EVER had? I know many people have given the Cohiba GR a 100, so this too would be the best cigar ever, it is never going to get any better.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Maybe 100 was a little ambitious... but I was stoked with the smoke. It was one of the best I've had this year.

Wait... a 100 means best cigar ever? Are there only 100 cigars in the world or something?

I'm not CA and I'm not a serious reviewer or blogger. But in my (very short) experience, this was a very, very good smoke.

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Maybe 100 was a little ambitious... but I was stoked with the smoke. It was one of the best I've had this year.

Wait... a 100 means best cigar ever? Are there only 100 cigars in the world or something?

I'm not CA and I'm not a serious reviewer or blogger. But in my (very short) experience, this was a very, very good smoke.
Hey dude. No apologies. At this time on your road through cigars, it was a 100. Very cool when you find a cigar that blows you away. A week, month or year from now you might look back and chuckle but today it is the bomb. Congrats

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Box delivered this morning...

... I let them rest while I opened the box from Empire/Dave and I'm smoking one as I type this.

So far so good.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ordered mine this morning from Empire Dave thanks to Supperman76 (Shane) for the review/heads up and Skins Fan, Larry for the ordering info, thanks guys. :tiphat:

Talked with Dave and you guys are lucky to have a great place and folks like Dave to visit there and hang out. :yes:

Looks like I may have a new place to order cigars. :thumbsup:

I promise I will start posting more instead of just stalking the web site. Maybe even put up an Avatar when my son shows me how.

You all can call me Earl, or anything you want as long as you keep up the great reviews and heads up on fine cigars.