What's new

excited and pissed

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Got my Avanti 18 bottle in today at work and could hardly wait to get it home and start the process of getting it ready to store my smokes. Fast forward to 9:00 tonight when we put the boys to bed and I finally got the chance to bring it in and unpack it. I get it open and I get the sinking feeling the sound I hear is broken glass. Sure enough, when I get it out of the box the entire front panel is shattered into small pieces. Now the process of filling out RMA forms and trying to get the package shipped back (at my expense of course) starts. I hope i get it soon these days of 125 heat index are not doing my cigars any good. Had to vent a little, feel better now.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
It's hard for me to believe that the company is making "you" pay to ship it back because it's damaged.

What the hell kind of customer service is that?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain, my first unit was badly damaged, but the vendor paid to have it shipped back. It took a while, but they credited my account and I bought another 28 bottle unit from a supplier (Walmart) closer to me and it arrived safe and sound. Hope it all works out, my local weather is in the 100's but my stash is now resting in a 65 degree / 65% slice of heaven.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Sorry to hear. They should pay for the shipping and there should be shipping insurance on the item. Hope it works out well.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What shipping service was used? Normally you have to file a claim with that provider also. I hate when that happens, it's like getting a new toy for Christmas that needs batteries you don't have and know stores around are open! Hope everything works out man!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
A similar thing happened many years ago. I received a PS2 for Christmas and the tray wouldn't eject. I called Sony and I had to pay to ship it to them and for shipping back to me.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
UPDATE: Called the vendor to explain the situation. Looks like they are going to take care of shipping it back and sending a replacement. When I talked to the nice lady in customer service she asked me how it was packed, when I told her it was in the box wrapped in only a plastic bag and no bubble wrap or Styrofoam she basically said "oh crap" and said they didn't pack it correctly. Had to fill out the RMA request but she said she would be looking for it and get me taken care of. Hate it happened but looks like they are going to take care of me. Got to love good customer service!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
UPDATE: Called the vendor to explain the situation. Looks like they are going to take care of shipping it back and sending a replacement. When I talked to the nice lady in customer service she asked me how it was packed, when I told her it was in the box wrapped in only a plastic bag and no bubble wrap or Styrofoam she basically said "oh crap" and said they didn't pack it correctly. Had to fill out the RMA request but she said she would be looking for it and get me taken care of. Hate it happened but looks like they are going to take care of me. Got to love good customer service!
Glad to hear it's gonna work out in your favor.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Rod you should have told me you needed your cigars looked after. I'd have gladly looked after them for a small nominal fee :grin:

Hope you get your wine cooler taken care of buddy!

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
holy crap that blows! I definitely would not pay to ship it back and if they didn't want to cough up for the shipping I'd file a dispute with the credit card company if you paid that way. Most cards have that protection if you're not happy with the goods you receive.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
well, finally got the RMA number and the return shipping label. Now they are telling me they will have to credit me back the money because they don't have anymore in stock. Just my luck. Now it's a waiting game to see if they actually refund my money and start looking for another one. Oh well....