What's new

Free Travel Humidor

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok, so I had my cigars in there since Wed of last week.
I left for my trip on satruday morning, and returned on monday evening.
I smoked on cigar on sunday, one monday, and one today that i left in the bag and took to work, for the drive home.
2 left overs I put back in my Humi, and will let sit for a while.
All five cigars were of smaller sizes, since I was traveling with the woman who hates the smoke
Anyway, all 3 cigars smoked just fine, but all 3 I felt were over humidified a bit. They smoked a little harsher then their previous counterparts i had had, and they where all little softer and mushier than normal.
They all clipped just fine, and lit just fine, and smoked just fine. They where all just a little harsher... I didn't know a more humid cigar would do that.
Anyway, my thoughts... I should only use the bag for shorter times, maybe not prepack the bag a few days in advance. Also, perhaps, i should have aired the bag a little once I arrived at the B&B, or some other time.
It seems reliable enough, certianly for shipping and short trips where you only need a couple cigars.
For 5+, I think I would i would use my alluminum travel humidor, or a zikar travel case I was thinking of getting.
For a cheap short term solution, these are just fine, even great. Having tried it, from now on thoguh, i will let any cigars I recieve in a humibag sit for at least a week or two after the great BOTL fellas send them my way ;-) SSo that I can enjoy them more.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
used mine this last weekend worked really well had about 4 smokes in the bag for 5 days they smoked just fine. perfect humi if you need it for a few days.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
. I should only use the bag for shorter times, maybe not prepack the bag a few days in advance. Also, perhaps, i should have aired the bag a little once I arrived at the B&B, or some other time.
It seems reliable enough, certianly for shipping and short trips where you only need a couple cigars.
QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly. if stored in a sealed bag, even with smokes, the RH got up to almost 80%. you need to air the bag out once a day. and of course for shippping they would be great.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Alright, I'm back. I went to a local SoCal island for a little get-a-way. I used my bag, with 6 Rocky Patel 90's. They were in the bag for two days, at a constant 78RH. Like stated above, these bags work great, just remember to air them out after a few days.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
OK I have had mine fr a few weeks, it is holding a good 70% in the bag. I pull the digital out of there when I travel and put it back in when I get home. All is well so far. The only thing that I found any issue with is the bag does not always seal all that great. If I seal it and I push on the bag the seal will break and air will escape then the humidity will be off. .02

All in all a good pace to store smokes for a quick trip.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ron, sorry I didn't get back to you. The wife pitched mine before I got a chance to try it out because it "was just an empty bag". I'm waiting on the Palio/Lighter Case you mentioned a while back and I'll throw a few of the water pillows into the order so I can get you the feedback I promised.