What's new

Good Digital Hygrometers

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've had the ones listed above and didn't care for them, the one with the knob in front to adjust broke, I've hit the calibrate button a few times and Xikar I can't figure out how to calibrate it. In the end I went with a few of these and tossed them into a calibration kit and they were only off by 1%. That's good enough for me and ordered 2 more from fleebay, I'm getting another one once my Ebucks kick in.

I can stand 10 feet away from my tuppers and read them just fine, once my wineador is settled they will go on the face of the drawers so that I can see them from my couch. :halfgrinw
Just picked up two more of these bad boys off of Ebay for $13 each with free shipping. Love the big screen on these guys.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I think they're great, they're only off a degree or two. That works for me since it's the only gauge out there with a big screen. Probably will order more next month if I can find that deal again. 20150121_213920.jpg

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
How are those Zederkoffs?
Here's another picture for you brother in case you were thinking about getting them if you haven't already. These are all in a tupperware sitting in my spare bedroom. The temp on them seam to be a bit more accurate but the RH is only 2% off so that is good enough for me. The batteries last a bit longer than the Xikar hygrometers and only take a AAA so it's easier to replace since I always have them on hand.

WP_20150224_017.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Xikars (square ones) and have never had a problem with them. I calibrated with the 75% Boveda and they were spot on. Check on them every 6-8 months and still hold true at 75%. Guess it just comes down to preference and what you trust.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have the Xikars (square ones) and have never had a problem with them. I calibrated with the 75% Boveda and they were spot on. Check on them every 6-8 months and still hold true at 75%. Guess it just comes down to preference and what you trust.
But do they hold true at 65%?

Or you store them gars at 75?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When calibrating Hygroset II, you carefully turn the dail and then push the little black "set" button and the unit should read the corrected setting. I have both it, and the Calibre IV in my little wineador and they both hold nearly identical readings on RH as well as temp. Most of the other units out there get fairly bad reviews on Amazon, so I went with these two. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm thinking it's down to a Zederkoff, Hygroset cause it can be calibrated or an older Xikar that has the calibration button. Right now I have an Accurite I got from Walmart that shows rh and temp highs and lows.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm thinking it's down to a Zederkoff, Hygroset cause it can be calibrated or an older Xikar that has the calibration button. Right now I have an Accurite I got from Walmart that shows rh and temp highs and lows.
The Calibre IV has been modified from the III in that it allows you to calibrate it. It got the best reviews on Amazon which is one reason I went with it and there's no "buyer's remorse" here.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use acuRite home comfort hygrometer/themometer you can find them at local department stores and around 11 bucks on amazon. They always seem to be accurate. I salt test all my hygrometers every once and a while just because I tend to use cheap crap and I am always afraid they will fail. They are not calibrate-able but they are always consistent. I have one that is off -2 every time I test it so I just write a -2 on it and do the math. Another is dead on every time. These have a big (maybe too big) screen and keep track of min and maxes so I can see any fluctuations. As a disclaimer I should say I also trust several very, very, very cheap analog hygrometers. I am the GM of a pet store and we get these little round cheap plastic hygrometers for our reptile department. I got curious and did a salt test on them. I tested around 20 and found everyone to be +/-3 off. I keep one in every drawer of my wineadors just to give me an idea of where my humidity is. I would call them 100% great but if one is reading way off in one way or another I know to move one of my digital ones to that drawer and give it a check.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I actually use an Accurite now and I love the temp and rh high and lows but it's a big unit. I just got a 300 count humidor with drawers and these won't fit in the drawers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like most have said can't go wrong with the Caliber IV. I dislike the new Xikar's because there's no calibration feature anymore. Having that button just gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling.

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a cheap one from Ebay, around 5$ shipped. Works flawlessly, no issues, made a salt test and no need to calibrate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another +1 on the square Zederkoffs (name trademarked by Cigars International, by the way). Have had two of 'em for about 6 months and they're usually within a % or so. The temperature readings are about 2-3 degrees high which I don't think is acceptable but, then again, I didn't buy them for the thermometer function.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Calibre IV. I used a Boveda calibration test kit and found the Calibre IV was right on the money - did not need to calibrate. So far it's been great.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just an update on mine; the Calibre IV has been in perfect sinc with my Hygro-SetII since Feb, on temps. These were in two different tuppers so naturally, the humidity read is different, but I'm right impressed with both units!