What's new

Got My New-Air CC-281E today

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Seems like this has taken forever to get up and running ( well 48hr of no power and the Ice Storm of the south didn't help) ....
Couldn't be happier, Temp and RH r holding right where I want, seems to be working great ......
Drawer 2 Humi.jpgDrawer 1 Humi.jpgNew Humidor.jpgTray 3 Humi.jpgTray 2 Humi.jpgTray 1 Humi.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I read that New Air is working with Forrest on the shelves for these wineadors. If that's the case you have some very well made drawers and shelves for it!!! :ccool:

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I assume that Forrest is working with them, I'm not sure. All I know is I didn't have to wait for anything. I ordered it on a Monday and Thr it was here. My longest wait was removing the smell , It took about a week over all, But know is is working great.......If anyone is thinking about buying one , just do it, u will not be disappointed

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I paid $345.00 with a online discount and a $10.00 rebate for doing a review on a website and shipped to SC . If anyone is on the fence about this unit, I'd go for it, I have spoke to a few Brother here on BOTL, Chief StrongLeaf, AndySC, and I know there is a few others .....Good luck
Great unit. I also have the same one. Holds perfect 65/65. One recommendation that was given to me is to have the drawers on the bottom. As to not have the blowing air in the loose sticks. Hope you have the same luck I've had with mine.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I believe it only comes in that one set up that's the only bummer to me, I have a Forrest job but with the 5 drawers as I tend to have a lot of singles and 5ers from trades and herfs.

I'm curious you guys have mentioned the smell, do the drawers / shelves come wrapped separately or are they shipped in the box, if they are in the box, do they have a plastic smell as well now?

Next question: do they seal the drain that's in the back of the unit, when I did mine I went with falconman's build and sealed the drain so there was no RH leak, I was wondering how NewAir handled that.

Also I would dump the B-packs and just bead up.

All that being said I think I'm moving up to the Aristocrat M now, to add to the collection of winadors, coolidors, lauderdale end table and desktop humis .. haha doh!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
From the news I've heard... Forrest is making the drawers ands shelves for new air. My shelves and drawers came wrapped in plastic wrap inside the unit. The drain hole isn't plugged, but food safe aquarium silicon does the trick.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup knew he was making them he was pretty stoked about it, as well he should be.
Thanks I wondered about the drain, I suppose someone should explain the whole RH deal to them and maybe they would include a drain plug or something that could be removed if you decided to put something else in it, i used food grade silicon as well.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Very nice setup, I ordered one last night. Was going to get another but the coupon code wasn't working...BS.

Ps, fan blowing on loose sticks shouldn't matter as there's no evaporation in the controlled environment (at least that's my take on it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great ! I'm gonna place an order with Forrest within the week wish it didn't take soo long to get but I guess quality takes time

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well quality and Forrest take a lot of time lol.

I think he the OP bought the entire set up from NewAir, that's the deal they include drawers and shelves by Forrest, so you don't have to order from him and wait.