What's new

Help...Ron, (or anyone!) can these VSG's be saved?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
You've got a bargin, If you humidify them, smoke them and enjoy them they are still a bargin. If have to deal with the stress and worry over finding bettles in your humidor, then it's not a bargin. I would not try to age those, get them smokable and then do so.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
All good advice. I would not keep anything from that shop in your humi. I think you can revive these smokes, and smoke em, As soon as one of them smokes well, i would line the rest up to smoke soon there after. Even once revived I would not store them with your other sticks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the advice...i picked up 5 Diamond Crown Maximus cigars today...4 Toro's and 1 Pyramid. The Toro's retailed for $13 and the Pyramid for $16...total retail $68 and paid $19 and they threw in 6 Connoisseur Humi-Pouches for no charge. Basically, i'm going to keep all of the VSG's, Cabinet's, and Maximus' separate from my humidor. I'll keep them in the pouches and re-hydrate them and just smoke em. If i find a cheap 25 ct humi, i may pick it up for these but will not put in my humidor with all of my other smokes. Thanks for all of the advice guys...i didnt know how beetles got into the cigars so it makes much more sense that they hatch already inside and dont have to go thru the cello. Thanks for all of your help. I got some great deals...ended up with 6 VSG Sorcerers, 3 VSG Illusions, 4 Ashton Cabinets, and 5 DC Maximus, and a 100 ct. Xikar humidifier for a total of $59. i think it was worth a shot considering the retail was $200...

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
That's one helluva deal. I'm sure that the cigars will come around in time, but I would regulate how much time you let the humidipouches stay in the same space as the cigars. Let them acclimate slowly and you won't have any blowouts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i figure i'll let them spend a month or so in the pouch. I'd like to find a cheap 20 count cigar humidor but just found out wifey might be pregnant with child #2. She's not sure yet but says she's feeling "funny"...id like to find one but can think of SO many more things to spend the $ on than another humi...thats ok though, my daughter, who will be 2 next month is my life so I cant wait to have another one...hopefully a boy this time!!! Thanks again!

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
You don't need a humidor, tupperware will do fine for a couple bucks. If you really just have to have wood get a cigar box and tupperware bigger than the box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an empty Cuban Cohiba RObusto box i purchased awhile back (wasnt empty then! :wink:) If i throw a Madelaine Humidifier in there, will it work? I didnt think the cigar box itself was a good humidor since the plastic is off...hmmm, what do you think?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Cigar boxes do not have a perfect seal. Yet if ye breakapart the box, put the cedar in a tupperware and add the humidifier, ye're off.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What plastic? last I checked Cohiba Robustos came in a slide top cabinet. Anyway, some cigar boxes tend to hold humidity pretty well either way its not a permanent solution rather a temporary place to store your smokes and should serve you just fine. Alternatively as suggested you can use any tupperware container, bread box or perhaps a small travel cooler if you have one around the house. Clean them out and toss in a few cedar strips to keep the humidity steady, they make a great & cheap alternate to getting a new humi.

Edit: not sure, since I don't have one, but you may have bought an otter box or some thing similar to use as a travel humi much like a lot of the brothers on here you can always use that to store the smokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry...i meant either the sealed box or the plasic cello around some boxes. i have the slidebox...i can post a pic. Sorry for the confusion...i cant remember if the box came with a cello or not...in either case, thanks for the advice...i never even would have considered Tupperware...makes a heckuva lot of sense!!!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm sorry...i meant either the sealed box or the plasic cello around some boxes. i have the slidebox...i can post a pic. Sorry for the confusion...i cant remember if the box came with a cello or not...in either case, thanks for the advice...i never even would have considered Tupperware...makes a heckuva lot of sense!!!

you can use the box but most your cigars will most likely not fit in it due to the size constraints.. robustos are mostly 5' long and most of the sticks you've bought might be longer than the box itself.. go with tupperware bro its cheap and easy to find and works great when quarantining smokes.