• 20+ boxes

Votes: 52 16.8%

• Total voters

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jwrussell said:
With the prices of CCs, I just can't afford more than that. Too many other places for my money to go I guess. :(
That's what I thought at first, too. But CCs aren't nearly as much as I thought they would be (at least some of them). In fact, some of the NCs I like are more expensive.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
shatfield said:
That's what I thought at first, too. But CCs aren't nearly as much as I thought they would be. In fact, some of the NCs I like are more expensive.
Hmmm...maybe I'm not searching hard enough, because pretty much everything I've looked at seems to run in the $150-$200/box range. I just don't have that kind of disposable income to be able to pay that or twice that a month to bring in cigars. :) Especially when there are still some NCs I like that I can get for half that.

Of course, if I did, it would take approx. one year for me to have more smokes than I could possibly know what to do with. I simply don't smoke as much as some around here. Not always by choice mind you! I've tried to have a smoke twice so far this week and been foiled each time. :oops:

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah, there are definitely some NCs that I smoke that you can get for $60-80 a box, but I'm mostly referring to the VSG, 2004 Tributes, etc that would run you $150-$250 a box. I would much rather get a CC for that price.

But you're right, its really tough to drop $300 every month for me, too.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
yeah, I know what you are talking about, but I RARELY spend that much on a box of smokes. Of everything NC I've bought so far I've spent over $100 on two. I hope to pick up my first couple of boxes of CCs this year and that should really be good for me. I've already go more NCs than I know what to do with! :twisted:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I had to check the 15-20 per year. I haven't counted but I've gotten 8-10 boxes so far this year. No way I can keep that up so I plan on dropping back to 1 a month.

But then there's always that great deal.... or that box you've just got to have.........

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The only box I've ever bought was a box of HdM Excalibur #2, like five years ago. Hope to change all that now. :smt096

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Definately in the 20+ range when I actually started to think about it.. that was after I voted and put my check in the 15-20 boxes.... then I started to think and realized that tres petite coronas and demitasse etc are also boxes.. and inclusive of the smaller vitolas I would be way over the 20 count.... hell, last week I recieved 5 boxes (2 partagas charlottes and 1 50 cab choix supreme and one box of punch petite punch)...

so if counting any box that is a cigar and not a cigarillo.. yep, guilty.. would be over 20 for sure...if counting things like cohiba clubs.. well then we need to have a 50+ tick box....(cohiba clubs have replaced the nasty cigarettes for me... perfect size for a quick smoke break at work etc).

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I hate threads like this, they remind me of what a sick,sick man I really am. I'm in the over 20 per year group, way over I'm afraid.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last year I stocked up big I think it was close to 10-15 boxes a month that includes a lot of Nc's also. This year so far close to 30 boxes so far but i'm slowing down to around 5 a month soon I'll have no room left even with the new Cooled triple d.

LasciviousXXX

One Bad M.F.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I wish I was in the over 20 category but sadly I'm not. I think last year was only about 4-5 boxes. However, this year I've already beaten that :D

I hope to start doing at least 10 boxes per year. I think I'll meet my quota this year.

Christofer

Helluva Habano Herfer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I refuse to answer this unless the mods will guarantee my wife can NEVER view this
thread.

I'm up to about 6 boxes a month now - all Habanos. I'm working on establishing a
good smoking/aging base and then do 1-2 a month starting in about...say....November ;)

Freakishly frightening set of statistics. I know that's nothin' compared to some of
you, but it leaves me in disbelief; I'm hooked like a $10 crack ho'.

Chris