What's new

How to convince the wife of the deal I found.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I found a humidor tower on CL for $500.00. Showed it to the wife and trying to convince her it is a great deal! Only she just looked at me! I think she wanted to laugh! I am wrestling with it myself. I plan to contact the owner to see if it is still available. I find my self slipping down the slope!!!

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Wow that's gorgeous!!!! Just go get it. LOL
This...I have a simple math equation for Craigslist finds that can't be hidden.

Purchase price
÷ .5 (the amount you tell her it costed)
× .5 ( the amount you hand her in cash for shopping)
× .20 ( all the extras that will be needed...humidifier, ect...)
Purchase price × 5 ( the amount of cigars you will be buying shortly after it comes home)
Total cost $3350

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Offer 350 and go from there. As for the wife. Dont tell her till its bought and paid for
still a great deal of money for something you're not sure will hold humidity with no active humidification system.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
That is pretty, buddy! I left my cooler in the living room for a week, and Emily took over from there. Hope it happens for you! Make sure it's worth what you're paying, and that it's exactly what you want. That super crown on top is boss level for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using duct tape and tinfoil

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is exactly what Im looking for now. I went from a standard humidor to 2 wineadors and now I need a cabinet! Your wife will understand when all of your cigars are stored in one spot haha

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I plan to call tomorrow to see if it still available. I need to figure out if it will fit in the man cave!
I'm not a married man so take this with a grain of salt but what goes into your man cave is your business. "Do it!! Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!! Now!!!"

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It is not the man cave, it is the pocket book right now, just started a new job and need to get things back in order financially. It has kept me from getting crazy and allowing me to sample many different sticks and discover what I like instead of having boxes of stuff I don't like, I just try a few and I am glad because I am learning what I really like.