What's new

How to cool a desktop Humi?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I know we were talking on another thread about cooling down a humi. I have no problem with the blue cooler blocks in the coolidor. However I don't think they work so well in desktops. I have a real problem right now and I need to get it corrected really fast. My desktops are out of direct sunlight, but the apartment with patio door open still is sitting at 75 degrees. both of them. I need some really good ideas really soon. I have a desk fan blowing across them, I need some good ideas here guys.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
the freezer cubes are killing my humidity already, my humis are fuckin all over the place, hight temp low humidity, I'm pissed.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
that's what I would do....unless you just want to wrap them in a paper towel and put one on top and one under the desk top humi.
Donk I bought a 125 quart cooler just for this problem on the few days in summer that the temp gets out of hand. I can put my three desk tops int here with a couple of blue ice blocks. Temp dowm, humidity good. Small investment when you start counting the value of the cigars.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I used to have to put them in my cooler in front of my A/C vent when the Temp got above 85 here...

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ya it probably only holds about that much , but hes talking about his desktop humi right? Those little car coolers are about $40.00 and I think the bigger wine cooler ones are at least $100.00?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
as much as that is the voice of reason, I dont want to hear creditors calling me so not now

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Ya it probably only holds about that much , but hes talking about his desktop humi right? Those little car coolers are about $40.00 and I think the bigger wine cooler ones are at least $100.00?
There are small 8 bottle wine coolers that would probably hold 75 to 100 sticks...often go on sale for $50 or $60 bucks. A mediium sized 12-bottle will run $75 to $100, and the larger 24+ size start at $200.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I know we were talking on another thread about cooling down a humi. I have no problem with the blue cooler blocks in the coolidor. However I don't think they work so well in desktops. I have a real problem right now and I need to get it corrected really fast. My desktops are out of direct sunlight, but the apartment with patio door open still is sitting at 75 degrees. both of them. I need some really good ideas really soon. I have a desk fan blowing across them, I need some good ideas here guys.
I don't know if this will drop your humidity too much, but I have some little cubes of water that I put in the freezer so I can put them in drinks to keep them cold but not water them down. I got them from Target in a drink mixer/schaker set.
http://www.wineintro.com/products/icecubes/

Here is another site that I found same concept diffrent company.