What's new

HumidiSheets and Xikar Envoy

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I added a 2' x 5" size to my site. Dave will be adding it to his site too. Works perfectly in a Xikar Envoy case.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Poni said:
So its not a problem if the sheet touches the cigars? cool.
Nope. I was listening to a podcast with David from Heartfelt and he said this material is used in the museum industry. So, it is used with paintings and artifacts and has no smell/oils/etc.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I don't think very moist. Think about if the sheet was used next to a painting. David did say that they can touch the cigars. I should have said that in my first post. :hammersma

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
there are a few ways to humidify the sheets. my opinion is that the best way is too just store the sheet in your humidor when not in use. yout humidor will do the job of conditioning the sheets. you can also give them a light misting of distilled water. if using this method, i would not put them in direct contact with the cigars. you can put the sheet under a foam tray in your travel humi, and you would be safe. another way to season the sheets is to put a sheet and a piece of wet sponge in a ziploc bag, or piece of tupperware for a day or two. just dont let the sponge come in contact with the humidisheet. this is another safe way with no harm done if the humidisheet touches your cigars.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have experimented with the sheets alot and have found if they are hydrated by just placing them in your regular humidor and letting them re-hydrate that way there is no danger at all to you cigars if placed directly against the cigar. If you use a spray bottle and mist the sheet just place the opposite side against your cigars and there is no danger of moisture getting on the wrappers of the cigars (spray the tan side and place the gray side against the cigars or spray the gray side and place the tan side against cigars). Works great!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sweet, how long would that keep the humidification in one of those 3 stick travelers? Actually, how long with out the sheet? I've only used those for a night out type of thing. Didn't want to go much past a few hours.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I look at a Xikar case as being a 1 or 2 day travel humidor. as far as how long the HumidiSheet will last in a non-airtight environment like the Xikar, who knows. But it is the only proven humidification device that will fit in the case along with 3 cigars. For 1 or 2 days, the HumidiSheet will be a big help. The Boveda is way too big. If the Envoy case was airtight like a Cigar caddy, or 1 of my travel humidors, the HumidiSheet could last a week or 2.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good to know. That would be ideal for the weekend on the boat. Wouldn't have to bring the big case. :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Ratbert said:
Very cool! I have an Atoll case that I carry and always had in the back of my mind that the sticks just weren't protected...this will work perfect.

Have to order some!
I just saw that case the other day. Gorgeous but a bit pricey at around 100

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks for the info Ron. I had just ordered one of your 19.5" X 19.5" sheets this morning to work in my 15, 24 and 50 ct Caddies. Now I know that I can use some in my Xikar!