What's new

Humidity too high

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
if it came with 3 humidifiers, then use the 3. just let it slowly settle back to the 70% mark. once its gets there, then we can fine tune it. another thing you should do is your own calibration of the hygrometer. you will need a Boveda(any% will do the job) and a clear kitchen canister with the flip top lid, clamp and gasket. these are the common canisters that you see in the kitchen stores. they work awesome for calibrating. i do not like to rely on anyone but myself for calibrating. screw the salt test. my way is 100% accurate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a hygrometer that came with the humidor and the instructions said it was pre-calibrated. I went out anyway and bought a digital one and put it in my dads humidor (which is calibrated to damn near exact), and the digital one read true, and so did the one on my humidor.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There was a hygrometer that came with the humidor and the instructions said it was pre-calibrated. I went out anyway and bought a digital one and put it in my dads humidor (which is calibrated to damn near exact), and the digital one read true, and so did the one on my humidor.
as I said, do not trust any factory, learn how to do it yourself, and you will have no doubts.
I have owned high end hygrometers ($300) that have been calibrated at the factory, and over the course of less than 1 year, it drifted by about 12%.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Also do I need the Spanish Cedar Packet Holders as well?
no, right now I am just talking about using 1 boveda to calibrate your hygrometer. This is a must have for anybody who is having some trouble. you cant believe how many calls and email i get with people who swear that their cigar cabinets and humidors are not working right based on an inaccurate hygrometer. once we know that your hygrometer is accurate, then we will fix the humidification issue if it really needs to get fixed. dont think about beads, bovedas or anything else till we know 100% that your hygro is accurate. spend $4 on a boveda and about $8 on a good canister before you spend another dime.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
90 is unheard of short of spilling water in there. Start by letting it sit for a week just to give it time to stablalize. If the wood soaked up water you will be all over the place for a long time with no fast fix for it. I'd put it in a garbage bag and leave the lid open so the humidity evens inside and out to start with, then see what you really got.

If your really that wet try a package of Damp Rid to pull some moisture out, overnight should do the trick.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Gsxrman1300, this is what Ron is taking about getting to calibrate your
hygrometer first....