What's new

Humidor Organization

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Smurf...you're worrying to much, let your cigars sit in their humidors and take them out when you're ready to smoke them. Myself, I'd tend to NOT let my cigars sit out for a half hour at a crack, but that's just me. All that being said, we all liked to play with our cigars when we were new into this, or at least I did. So I empathize with you, but just remember, they're just cigars...unless they're Opus! ;)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yeah, I saw some Opus at the shop yesterday, I don't think I am ready to cough up that much for a single smoke. The "La aurora"? as well... pricey things... but they come in sexy tubes.

They had the "God Of Fire" cigars... like 25$+ a pop... seems a little high, but i guess if you get a 2+ hour tastey smoke... its like anything else if you can appreciate it.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The "La aurora"? as well... pricey things... but they come in sexy tubes.
These are one of my favorite expensive smokes, along with Padron and Pepin's stuff

The tubes on them are super cool. We gave my boss a five pack in a cool gold Box with one of each color in it. Looks freakingg great in his humidor. Thanks for the hook up on that one Volusinator.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Is there any words of caution about the frequency of opening a humidor and looking at / playing with the cigars?

How long is it "safe" to haev the cigars out of the Humidor while you are moving them around.

If you have "played" with them a bit, should you let them sit in the humidor for a while so they "relax" or something.

I seem to play with my humidors a lot, probably becuase I am still veyr new, and excited about my hobby and new toys. Kind of like when you get any new hobby. I have not noticed any issues with my smokes yet though.

I think I open my humidor at least once or more times a day. Sometimes the cigars will sit outside the humidor for maybe 15-30 minutes while I check my invontroy, check the look / feel of the cigars, etc. Admire their beuty :)

I think they are probably not as "delicate" as we are lead to believe from what I read online, but you guys with real world experience may have thoughts on this.

QUOTE]

When you start wearing holes in them you are playing with them too much. :rofl: Consider single sleeves for the more expensive ones or leave em in the cello.

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any words of caution about the frequency of opening a humidor and looking at / playing with the cigars?

How long is it "safe" to haev the cigars out of the Humidor while you are moving them around.

If you have "played" with them a bit, should you let them sit in the humidor for a while so they "relax" or something.

I seem to play with my humidors a lot, probably becuase I am still veyr new, and excited about my hobby and new toys. Kind of like when you get any new hobby. I have not noticed any issues with my smokes yet though.

I think I open my humidor at least once or more times a day. Sometimes the cigars will sit outside the humidor for maybe 15-30 minutes while I check my invontroy, check the look / feel of the cigars, etc. Admire their beuty :)

I think they are probably not as "delicate" as we are lead to believe from what I read online, but you guys with real world experience may have thoughts on this.

By the way, I tried Rocky Patel vintage 1992 Perfecto.

It was a very nice cigar, burn very even and slow. It is my second Perfecto (Vitola?) that i tried, and it's a nice size, so you dont feel like you have to rush, or waste any if you smoke on a walk, for example.

I recomend trying that size cigar if you have not yet, I got 3 extra of them, if someone wants to try one. I had that size with a Davidoff Sceptor cigar I tried, and I had the same thoughts about the size.
I used to worry about opening the humidor and all that, but then I installed a room sized humidifier for my smoking room - oh yeah, FIRST I asserted my Daddy rights and seized my smoking room, and then started fixing it up. Now the entire room where I keep my various cabinets, humidors, and storage containers is kept at 65% humidity and 68 - 69 degrees. I guess I don't even need humidors any more, but I like them and some day I might change my mind about the situation, but for now, especially in the winter, I find it to be very comfortable in there - I just can't open a window whenever I feel like it - I might let the smoke out and then the kids might want to come in and keep me company in there. That would bring me full circle, since this all started when the teachers at school began teaching the kids that their father was in the process of poisoning them with his filthy, selfish smoking.
:angerFU: :crying:

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have a desk top that holds about 100 it has CC & NC in it. I have 2 big coolers that one is full boxes the aother is mix. I go for a whild and I put likesizes together, I do not care about mixing brands or countries.