What's new

Humidor Seasoning Problems

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Are your cigars in cellophane?

I don't want to open the big can of worms, but I have a hard time believing cigars in cellophane can readjust to a proper RH level throughout with only a week or two.

IMO, your best bet would be to get a Boveda pack, strip off the cello and let the cigars rest in the humi with the Boveda for a few weeks at least without opening it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are your cigars in cellophane?

I don't want to open the big can of worms, but I have a hard time believing cigars in cellophane can readjust to a proper RH level throughout with only a week or two.

IMO, your best bet would be to get a Boveda pack, strip off the cello and let the cigars rest in the humi with the Boveda for a few weeks at least without opening it.
I agree with ya that a cigar in cello will not adjust to the proper RH levels in a matter of a week or two. Some of us who like cello will cut the ends off and ensure that we have a clear opening at both ends but use the cello as a buffer to keep the wrappers from being damaged as we rummage around in our humidors. I believe that a fully naked cigar is the best way for cigars to fully acclimate to humidors and humidity control...it's just that I hate when the wrapper is damaged so I've gone the route of ensuring both ends are open.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx everyone your answers and reading thru the forum helped a lot. did the dollar test but failed... did the flashlight test... didnt fail.... since rh average is 73 in my area... i now just bought the bodeva packs and its showing exactly 66procent. i ll keep it that way.