What's new

I need a 100 count (plus) Humidor ASAP

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I'll do a paper test by folding an 8.5x11 piece of paper in half and sticking half of it into the unit and closing the lid. If I can easily pull it out easily, I will not buy the cooler. If I struggle a little, I will buy the cooler. /
Not wasting your time at all as with everything mass produced you'll get couple of faulty ones. Never done a paper test what i've always done was was lift the cooler just by its lid and give it a gentle shake. Good sealing cooler shouldn't open.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I'll do a paper test by folding an 8.5x11 piece of paper in half and sticking half of it into the unit and closing the lid. If I can easily pull it out easily, I will not buy the cooler. If I struggle a little, I will buy the cooler.
Not wasting your time at all as with everything mass produced you'll get couple of faulty ones. Never done a paper test what i've always done was was lift the cooler just by its lid and give it a gentle shake. Good sealing cooler shouldn't open.
Interesting test GoingPostal... this is basically what I was trying to ask... how have people been checking these coolers to insure a proper seal? Admittedly, asked poorly on my part. I like that shake test method. I'll give it a try because for some reason I keep getting more coolers... :innocent:.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The Coleman I got has such a good seal, my wife wasn't able to open it on her own. That's the test, have your wife open it, lol.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
nope, not going to let the lady open any of my humi's. leads to
uncomfortable questions, like "how many cigars do you HAVE?", and "how much money do you have IN all this".

paper test is safer. jiggle test is cool as well. both can be done solo. o)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
nope, not going to let the lady open any of my humi's. leads to
uncomfortable questions, like "how many cigars do you HAVE?", and "how much money do you have IN all this".

paper test is safer. jiggle test is cool as well. both can be done solo. o)
You missed the point... she won't be able to open it... aahhhhh. ;)