What's new

I'm losing the fight against wetness.

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Should've said "The Carribean" -- not just Mexico. Meant to add that but ... err, yeah.

I'm fairly certain everything I've gotten from Mexico has been authentic, though -- why do you say they're fake?

And what about BOTL sponsor retailers' humis? I don't mind spending a few dollars extra, even, if it supports those that support the site. It's why they do it, after all ...

Edit: OK, got the camera charged, sorry for the delay, pics forthcoming.

Also, when I was asking about beads, I wasn't very clear, sorry ... what RH should I choose? They told me 70/70 was the golden rule but I've seen some info suggesting 65 or even 60 is better?

Anyway, here's the pics ...

This is the offending unit. Ya'll can go ahead and laugh at my pitiful little stash now. >_> <_<
(I do have another humi, an antique urn style, which works magnificently, but only holds about 15 cigars) I have humidor envy!

This is my hygrometer and the humidification unit:

Close-up of the humidifcation unit, front and back - there are small screws on it so I assume opening it is no problem (it's magnetic as you can see on the back):

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hah, I just realized what a friggin' polar bear I am ... 19* C ... that's like, what, 66 degrees?

No wonder my girlfriend is always bitching.:eyequiver I just don't notice. I'm walking around in jeans and a t-shirt.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Should've said "The Carribean" -- not just Mexico. Meant to add that but ... err, yeah.

I'm fairly certain everything I've gotten from Mexico has been authentic, though -- why do you say they're fake?

And what about BOTL sponsor retailers' humis? I don't mind spending a few dollars extra, even, if it supports those that support the site. It's why they do it, after all ...

I would say ( and I am speaking for some other brothers here as well) that the majority of Cuban Cigars purchased in mexico are fake. And by majority I mean 95% if not more. Unless you are buying from a La Casa De Habana store, I would bet against you getting a real Cuban. Tourist destinations are notorious for fakes. I'll PM you a little more on that subject.

The humis sold by our sponsors are said to be awesome. When I am in the market, I will be buying from our sponsors here. I hear they all have excellent customer service.

I like the 65% beads myself, I just think the sticks smoke better that at that RH, but that is just my preference.

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
After a couple days of watching my RH bounce all over creation, I got fed up.

Pulled the trigger on a "Vault" humidor from Mark at Cigarmony as well as 16 oz. of the RH beads (sorry, Ron, I figured since he was already shipping to me I'd go with the beads he sells -- you'll get money from me soon enough, I'm sure).

I'm pretty sure I have a leak around the glass. Once the new humidor is up and running I am going to run some sealant around the glass' edge, calibrate that hygro, and see if it will hold steady with some beads in it. If so ... hey, humi for work.

Thanks for all the help guys!