What's new

In search of the perfect humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to my recent sickness (cbidaholic) I need a new humidor. I'm looking for something that will hold roughly 300 singles and 20 boxes. I'd prefer something in the end-table style. I'd also like to spend less than $400 if at all possible. I've seen everything available at CI, Tampa Humidor and most of the major online retailers.

I'm leaning towards the Tivoli.

I don't really care for the Montague.

Can anyone suggest the perfect humidor for my needs?

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Check out Cigar Solutions and the Avallos that Ron has. They are really nice and sound like they would work for you. He has them with the Hydra systems too. Its what I will be getting shortly.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I've seen that one before but it's not really my style. I can't see that fitting in with my decor.
For the best suggestions, let us know what your price point, preferred wood color, size, etc. are. If your biggest issue beyond having a decent humidor is how it will fit in with your decor we will need to know those things to truly suggest anything specific.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
300 singles and 20 boxes worth of storage for $400 right? I don't think that combo exists, and if it does are you getting the quality you want for thousands of dollars worth of cigars. Spend the extra $$$$ and get a quality storage unit.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
300 singles and 20 boxes worth of storage for $400 right? I don't think that combo exists, and if it does are you getting the quality you want for thousands of dollars worth of cigars. Spend the extra $$$$ and get a quality storage unit.
I agree with dprice completely. You're looking for Moet with a MD 20/20 budget. Sure you might find that needle in a haystack for the $$$$ that you're wanting to spend but how much quality are you willing to sacrifice? Personally, I would never put a couple thousand dollars worth of cigars in a $400.00 cabinet. I own an Avallo 1200 that was purchased from RonC a little over a year ago.The only complaints that I have at this point are A) I should have gone BIGGER and B) I should've spent the extra cash and went with a cooled unit. Other than those two issues (self imposed) I have no complaints my Avallo.

Whatever you're looking for in a cabinet sizewise multiply it by THREE and buy that size. It will save you alot of time and money.

With that said...by the end of the year I will be correcting those two issues sometime in the not too distant future. So, if you're in Texas and thinking about investing in a cabinet drop me a message.