What's new

Just purchased an avanti swc2800m-1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup for me here in NYC from about May to Nov or so it is 70 or higher. So 6months around could be at higher temps.

I can only image in AZ or TX or FL, but bet that most people have central air to take care of that issue.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using the activated charcoal for the edgestar/vinos how did everyone apply it?
I put the charcoal on several paper plates throughout the fridge. I ended up leaving it in for about a week and a half, but thats just because I was too busy to mess with it. The smell was probably gone in a couple of days. Hope this helps.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just bought mine a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get this thing. My poor cigars are baking!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I can only image in AZ or TX or FL, but bet that most people have central air to take care of that issue.
If we kept the Central air at a temperature ldeal for cigars it would cost a small fortune. Keeping the house at 79 costs about $350/mo.:crytears:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I only wiped mine out with a wet towel (distilled water) and left it open till it dried. The plastic smell was gone in like 2-3 hours.
I taped over the drain (condensation once in a while)
and that was that.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
If we kept the Central air at a temperature ldeal for cigars it would cost a small fortune. Keeping the house at 79 costs about $350/mo.:crytears:
Really? that seems quite high. We keep the house (I live with parents) at 72*F year round... and our light bill is not that high. (3 beds, 1 Master, 1 Office) and we have a pool that the pump is on a few hours a day. I gotta double check what the bill comes to monthly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that the new wine fridges use very little electricity so I think it will be ok.

I have activated charcoal in it currently getting rid of the plastic smell.

Cheers

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the charcoal on several paper plates throughout the fridge. I ended up leaving it in for about a week and a half, but thats just because I was too busy to mess with it. The smell was probably gone in a couple of days. Hope this helps.
Just FYI, I used activated charcoal and a box of baking soda, along with wiping it down once a day with a mild soap and baking soda.

About day 7 the smell was mostly gone.