What's new

moved up (but not quite out) of the desktops!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
agreed with jolietilfire, when a box gets to the bottom row I move the stogies to a tray and replace the box!! I actually have 3 trays and play tetris with boxes. I have a 28 bottle vinotemp too and got trays and shelves from mtmouse! thanks again mtmouse:applause:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
yes indeed. they are my personal fav, LIB 2008, and yes, that is the one, the only, MB1 painting box! that, is the crowning jewel of my collection, won it on CBID
Wow, great score man! I hear those are amazing, and I've seen one of the boxes and it is indeed a very awesome cigar box.

And I concur with the other bros that basically filling the space inside nearly completely with cigars will probably not give you any issues, especially with those nice fans. Just keep an eye on the rH.

I use tupperware bins myself, but I Tetris the boxes in and maximize space as best I can. Almost all the boxes in my bins are FULL of cigars (I just store all my sticks in boxes, usually coordinated by manufacturer). Holds a rock-stead rH even when full. (thank you Heartfelt beads!)

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
just curious. why?
There was alot of hype about the cigar when it was released, I thought it was a damn good cigar when I originally tried it.

To me as it aged it just got stronger and even more flavorful, but as it aged it also got alot smoother.

I've always been under the impression that as a cigar ages, the nicotine content decreases, making it a milder and mellower smoke. The original MB got smoother but I believe it also got stronger.

The original plan that Oliva had was five MB releases, the first 4 would be a different blend for each cigar, the 5th release was a special box containing 5 cigars each of the 4 blends. The plan never made it past MB3.

I know for a fact that there are still a considerable amount of the original MB's just aging away, possibly as many as 75,000 cigars. What I don't know is when and where they plan on releasing them.

I base this information on the fact that a certain B&M was able to receive, directly from Oliva, six boxes of them within the last year and was told to sell them discretly.

So there you go Bob, that's why it is one of my "Crown Jewels" of cigars.

Last edited:

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
you know i heard that exact same thing, oliva has been holding on to a large number or MB1 and 2 and i think i caught one of those recent re-releases, but i have to agree, these guys are truly better with age

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"i think i caught one of those recent re-releases"

In the case that I have first hand knowledge of it was not a "re-release" it was a favor for a favor.

A very large order recieved a very nice reward.