What's new

My chest humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a 75 yr old chest of drawers I converted into a humidor. All done by me and also designed the humidification system have about 225.00 in project complete waiting on lights to arrive and second humidity controller, after that she is done! Getting it seasoned as I type this!

I needed to show this crappy Liga Undercrown very disappointed in the wrapper on that stick feel apart as you touched it way thin and brittle smoked ok considering!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks great, have a couple questions if you don't mind.
1. How is the old wood holding up to the RH?
2. Are the doors original?
3. How did you "seal" it or is it just the original fit and trim?

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your beautiful garbox.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The boxes are built out of vantec sort of like ply but totally water resistant, then the box was sealed with silicon adhesive not chalk, then lined with cedar .....

The clear Calk is called Lexel adhesive cured it is non leaching and non toxic!! With no odor at all!!

The doors are not original to cabinet it was originally five drawers two where each box is located, all the humidification will be in the rear of cabinet with fan blowing in at bottom with returns at top of each cabinet, one humidity controller is still to be installed.

As far as it being empty I am just seasoning the cedar getting the systems tested, waiting on the lights to arrive! I have plenty waiting in 6 desk top humidor so I will do small revue of what goes in when I get it moved from garage to house.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys yes hope all hold well, think I will add Heartfelt beads just for shits and giggles though!

Will be moving in to the house this weekend finish it in my house going in Master Bed room so be good and close to my sticks I will post shots of my product when I make the move!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That looks great. Very innovative. I have a couple of those dressers. I believe the style is known as waterfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome way to repurpose that beautiful old dresser.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flavor is great but they are prone to blow ups.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk