What's new

My chest humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the lights in top cabinet still awaiting some parts for bottom cabinet, also an update of stock!

Stock update Drew Estate trays,

Here is one of the #9's burnt like a champ! They are great gar but truly a little overpriced IMHO!

Guys and Gals thank all of you for welcoming me so warmly to the forum, I have smoked for yrs first was cigarettes up to 5 packs a day, quite totally 5 yrs ago and started vaping my health increased greatly but missed the cigars I used to enjoy so much! So I decided to never start smoking cigarettes again at any cost, but wanted to enjoy my gar's as I once did. I am fearful that I may get drawn back to cigarettes but the vape thing really works for everyday needs, so here is to the cigars we all love!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up with on constant? Info please? They are led no heat output I can detect with IR temp gun, think that may be your concern?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nice humi man! I always thought you didn't want light on the sticks too. But what the hell do I know!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the theory of lights on the sticks? Please feel me in is it just the heat output or does it do something to them I'm not aware of? Please someone respond to this so I will know I am still a rookie at this myself!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Me too brutha so take what I say with a grain of salt! My guess is that direct sunlight is what is most harmful as opposed to artificial light. I also came across something along the lines of UV rays affecting the aging process of your sticks but didn't pay too much attention to it as I don't plan on going down that road in the near future

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I was thinking along the lines of excess heat in humi? I measured the heat output of the LEDs in my cabinet they added less the .2 degrees to the total so it is negligible as far as heat output goes I keep mine as close to 70/70 as possible it does fluctuate from 68 to 71 degrees but the humidity does hold very steady at 70 well 70 in the middle of each box but 69 at top and 71 at bottom so I airate the box with fan every few days and rotate the stock around case every 2 weeks or so!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and by the way I am just about out of space in this humi at this point I will snap another pic this evening to show she is getting full!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Flavor is great but they are prone to blow ups.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
????

Like or hate DE.. Most people would agree they have excellent construction as a general rule...

I don't know that I've ever seen any stick from the liga lines.. From the undercrowns to the 9 and 52 to the Unicos that are prone to any performance problem or construction issue...

How many have you had blow up on you vs how many smoked? Vs other similarly priced sticks purchased from the same vendor?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
Regarding the case of the exploding Undercrown.....

I noticed in the photos in post #15 that the RH of the hygrometer that is sitting on top of the Undercrowns is reading 72%. IMHO that RH is too high and would more than likely be the reason why the cigar blew up like it did.