What's new

My Coolerdor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

This is my first post. I just wanted to share some pics of my finished coolerdor. I did plenty of research on here before I got started and just wanted to say I found tons of great info.

Here's what I put together...
48qt Coleman cooler
Boveda Cedar Holder
Boveda 65% Packs
Xikar Digital Hygrometer
Oust Fan

So far, the humidity is a solid 65%. I have about 75 sticks in there now and I'm using 3 Boveda packs. I live in Miami. So, I'm having a hard time with the temperature. Regulating temp will be my next project. I'm open to suggestions...

Last edited:

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well done. I need to schooled on the pic uploading as well. Where did you pick up the cedar bovida racks?

Sarge :smokingco

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Nice pictures and description. My only concern about the humidity. Humidity rises, the Boveda packs are mounted on top. My concern would be check your RH at the low points to see what RH is getting down low. Also get more cigars or empty boxes to help keep the RH at steady levels will help during times of opening and closing. Good luck.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Nice pictures and description. My only concern about the humidity. Humidity rises, the Boveda packs are mounted on top. My concern would be check your RH at the low points to see what RH is getting down low. Also get more cigars or empty boxes to help keep the RH at steady levels will help during times of opening and closing. Good luck.
I thought the same, not that you shoulldn't use Bovedas, but bag of beads on the bottom would help make sure you don't get any dry pockets down there. And as you add more boxes, empty or not, the rh with recover much more quickly after openinig.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I would take pics of the coolers I have, but they are so full you can not see past the very top of them. I can tell you the Tetris work below in each of them is a work of art. :stretchgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take pics of the coolers I have, but they are so full you can not see past the very top of them. I can tell you the Tetris work below in each of them is a work of art. :stretchgr
TETRIS... lmao.
Guys, thanks for the compliments. I do need to fill this sucker up...
I will update when it gets a little busier in there.
What would you recommend for a cheap temperature control?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
TETRIS... lmao.
Guys, thanks for the compliments. I do need to fill this sucker up...
I will update when it gets a little busier in there.
What would you recommend for a cheap temperature control?
I know someone here use a small ice pack, the blue kind you use for camping, in a little pouch on the lid of the cooler, he just replaces them everyday. I can not imagine how freaked out i would be with out the wine fridge. My house is 80 degrees all day.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
good job. the Boveda holders work well. I would keep using it on the lid, but also put a few Bovedas in the bottom of the igloo. the more Bovedas that you use, the longer they will last, so not a waste of $. the oust fan should do a great job of circulating the air.