What's new

My Coolerdor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good job. the Boveda holders work well. I would keep using it on the lid, but also put a few Bovedas in the bottom of the igloo. the more Bovedas that you use, the longer they will last, so not a waste of $. the oust fan should do a great job of circulating the air.
So, does the RH always remain constant regardless of the amount of packs in the cooler? the more the merrier??

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So, does the RH always remain constant regardless of the amount of packs in the cooler? the more the merrier??
Once you get the RH up where you want it, it will stay like that for a very very very long time. I put a ton of really shitty bundled cigars in a cooler 3 years ago, got the cooler up to humidity, and took out all humidification. They are still smokeable, and last time I checked (a month or two ago) they were around 62%. That being said, I only open it maybe once a year to see how my One-Eyed Petes, Free Cubas, and Vega Finas are aging!

In both of my coolers, I can go for months with just one Boveda. I like mine at 65%, and if you're storing above 70% it might be a little different, I'm not sure.

Went to Paris and my Boveda was dried up, so the cooler sat there for a month and everything was still a perfect 65% when I came home.

TYLER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know someone here use a small ice pack, the blue kind you use for camping, in a little pouch on the lid of the cooler, he just replaces them everyday. I can not imagine how freaked out i would be with out the wine fridge. My house is 80 degrees all day.
yeah i read about someone doing that, but I think I'd like something that requires less maintenance... no, i'm not lazy! I would just like something along the lines of 'set & forget'.
I just opened it up & it's reading 67% & 75deg. Meanwhile, my thermostat in the house reads 78deg. The cooler often sees 78deg which is not cool (literally). I just don't know if I would want to cut a hole in it to mount a peltier.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Once you get the RH up where you want it, it will stay like that for a very very very long time. I put a ton of really shitty bundled cigars in a cooler 3 years ago, got the cooler up to humidity, and took out all humidification. They are still smokeable, and last time I checked (a month or two ago) they were around 62%. That being said, I only open it maybe once a year to see how my One-Eyed Petes, Free Cubas, and Vega Finas are aging!

In both of my coolers, I can go for months with just one Boveda. I like mine at 65%, and if you're storing above 70% it might be a little different, I'm not sure.

Went to Paris and my Boveda was dried up, so the cooler sat there for a month and everything was still a perfect 65% when I came home.

TYLER

I tried that for a while. The Free Cubas do not change much but I do enjoy the label. As a friend who passed away a few years ago used to say; "If you put a shit sandwich in the fridge when you take out three weeks later, it is still a shit sandwich". Works in life and for cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 3x 65&#37; packs in there and the humidity is showing as 65%
Maybe my hygro is off...

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

once you have enough packs in there, the humidity will remain constant. by adding more packs, the reaction time will be quicker, and each pack will last longer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to bump this to the top to let everyone know that my setup is great so far. Humidity remains a solid 65-66&#37;. Unfortunately, I'm almost out of space for boxes. So, I'm gonna have to either pull the sticks out of the boxes and onto the trays or just stick to buying bundles for some time. Eventually I'll just have to upgrade to a bigger cooler or just splurge on a VinoTemp.