What's new

My small 12 bottle vinotemp

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
For those of you who have a vinotemp, do you still use your desktop humidor?
No...gave one away and lent the other out (don't really care if I ever get it back).

The only other humidors I have are my giant 120qt standard cooler and a wicked-ass leather covered travel humidor (kinda like a small desktop, but I only use it for traveling).

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
When my drawer gets in I'm just going to crank up my Oasis to season it. My Avainti is already in use. I don't think one drawer will take that long. I'll probably have the Oasis running nonstop for a day or two.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Yeah, I need to find someone who has the tools to cut that shelf for me though.
Find a wood working compay sketch out with pencil what you need cut and theyll prob do it for free.
For those of you who have a vinotemp, do you still use your desktop humidor?
yes and both are near 98% full. Woop Woop I'm givin er all shes got captain!
Justin

coppereagl

Not looking for trouble, but if it finds me....;)
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice Josh, Im glad to see someone having success with a smaller unit, that particular size would suit me very well. Usually I only hear or read about the larger systems, only way I could justify the larger 24-28 bottle, is if I actually used it for wine as well... Dont get me wrong, I enjoy a good port here and there but other than that not much of a wino. Thanks for the pics!

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We'll I'm pretty much also full again, lol. Once I get that drawer cut on the top It'll be moving to the top level and I can put boxes on the bottom which should work well for me.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
sportsmedjosh said:
Can I see pics of the leather covered humidor.
Yeah, I'll take some later and post them up (might be tomorrow).

I got it from Secret Santa (2 years ago I think?) and I friggin' love it. :love:

Here you go, pics as requested:

Embossed on the lid is:

Pheasant
by
R.D. Gomez
Spain​

It's a helluva neat travel humidor. I use it when I need to carry more than the 15 sticks that my cigar caddy holds.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
That leather humidor is really nice.

And the little fridge looks great with the drawers/shelf put in.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Alright I'm back from the office and here are the pictures. The light at the top gets in the way so a drawer can't go there. However if the drawer had that finger area on the other side it wouldn't be an issue. I let Tim know just in case someone with a 12 contacts him in the future. I've very happy overall.

Do you mind if I ask you how much the drawers were? I'm looking at getting the same cooler.

thanks

Last edited:

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I got them from MTMouse and they were I want to saw $5 cheaper than the regular size one he sells. I want to say $20/each, I can be wrong though. I also got a shelf from him.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I got them from MTMouse and they were I want to saw $5 cheaper than the regular size one he sells. I want to say $20/each, I can be wrong though. I also got a shelf from him.
Thanks.

I pm'd and emailed him so hopefully I hear back.

I'm looking to use the top half for wine and the bottom half for my cigars. I'm guessing I am only going to need one drawer and maybe a partial drawer for the floor of the wine cooler that way I can still put beads in the back. Or maybe I leave the floor of it empty for a box or 2.