What's new

Mylittle 20 stick Otter project

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Those look great. How much to have one done?
Get the bands and the box (see RonC) and I'll take care of ya.

I'm actually getting started on a poker table for a friend. He's pretty pumped about it.

Thanks for the compliments.

And yes, Wade was the first one to make one, as I know it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very nice!

So - the process goes like this - Elmer's glue on the bands/surface, then the bands are laid/applied (allow them to dry first before next step?)...then epoxy over them?

I'd like to try this on my little 10 ct cigar caddy...I'm not the "arts & crafts" type though...LOL

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Very nice!

So - the process goes like this - Elmer's glue on the bands/surface, then the bands are laid/applied (allow them to dry first before next step?)...then epoxy over them?

I'd like to try this on my little 10 ct cigar caddy...I'm not the "arts & crafts" type though...LOL
For someone not good with arts & crafts, working with cigar bands is NOT easy lol. They rip and smear and get ruined very easily.... I hated making the coasters I made for shuckins LOL.... Instead of elmers glue I used a photo glue stick, a little easier to work with and it seems like an instantaneous bond.. Make sure to have plenty of extra bands lol

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
cool. I use elmers glue. Home Depot sells a cool little tube that has a built in brush. The 2 part epoxy is also sold there. I'll get you the exact name when I get home. They keep it right next to the urethanes. Make sure you take your time.
Hendy did you find the name of that epoxy?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Damn, sorry boys.

It's called Super Glaze. In the isle where they have the urethanes.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Damn, sorry boys.

It's called Super Glaze. In the isle where they have the urethanes.
Thanks brother! I will look into it this week. I have no idea if I have enough bands to do this LOL. The 50ct area that needs to be covered is about 8.25 x 5.5! I was hoping to use all Tat bands so we will see LOL