What's new

Need Some Advice

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not really familiar with the Bovedas. Just using them recently on a newbie trade for the first time. Local B&M swears by them in travel humi's. I'm throwing 2 into my big humi tonight. Their cheap enough and toss 'em when they're done. Simple enough.
Agreed, but they are great in small humi's and easy to refresh, so keep em on hand.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I'm looking at the 12 pack unless the 20 pack becomes available again. Still, 69 or 72? Too many choices.
Even the 12 pack is a remarkable deal. Also, the 12 pack are individually wrapped and sealed, the 20 pack is all open together in one big pouch. Just something to consider.

Between those two, pick the 69. I'm a 65 man myself... I think most people will agree to stay at or below 70%RH. Mold is nobody's friend. If mold were an ice cream flavor, it'd be pralines - and dick.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love the "Don't wipe it down thing" If you have an inexpensive veneer humidor then wiping it down would (or maybe wood) cause some issue's. One of my desktops is a 25 year old Diamond Crown with Spanish cedar like 3/8-1/2" think, I can wipe it down with water any time I want and never have an issue. I think when a manufacturer sends you info saying that is what to do then in most cases, in would be ok - one would hope anyway. In general most are veneered today so that is where this "Don't wipe it down" thing comes in.
Anyway, I also have a Salvador 250 count and use 8 Boveda packs in the Spanish cedar holder things of theirs, two of them mounted on the top, which hold 4 packs each. It is super easy maintenance wise but the Heartfelt beads are less expensive in the long run to use, I can run two of the giant tubes in it and have the same results. I would not worry about the drawer wobble, when they are shut I assume they are shut.
That is a pretty popular model with like three names for it, I think the Revello is one name they use.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I love the "Don't wipe it down thing" If you have an inexpensive veneer humidor then wiping it down would (or maybe wood) cause some issue's. One of my desktops is a 25 year old Diamond Crown with Spanish cedar like 3/8-1/2" think, I can wipe it down with water any time I want and never have an issue. I think when a manufacturer sends you info saying that is what to do then in most cases, in would be ok - one would hope anyway. In general most are veneered today so that is where this "Don't wipe it down" thing comes in.
Suit yourself.
Hopefully people think things through before blindly following.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm really kind of pissed I missed the CI Boveda sale, so I'm thinking I might just use a Cigar Oasis Excel and be done with a humidification device.