What's new

NewAir 281e question

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok. So the smell in my wineador was plastic snell free. Guess o was lucky. After a few days went by i decided run it for a few days then a sweet smell began to show up. I traced it to its source...the fan area. When the wineador is on and cooling it emits this smell.

Any advice on how to remove it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ok. So I found the culprit to the sweet smell that the fan was blowing out. It was some sort of glue. I took the back off and removed the peltier (TEC) and where the fan/peltier unit inserts into the wine cooler, the Styrofoam insulation was exposed. They put some sort of sealant or glue over 3/4 of the styrofoam. I smelled it and it was that sweet smell. So I busted out the leatherman and started to dig out about 1/4" of the styrofoam. Then I filled it up with hot glue and made that my sealer. So far the sweet smell is gone and I have been running it for over 2 hours.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OK. So I was able to get rid of the smell and now I have begun seasoning this beast. So far so good. Once it stabalizes at 67 humidity then I will move forward.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Ok. So the smell in my wineador was plastic snell free. Guess o was lucky. After a few days went by i decided run it for a few days then a sweet smell began to show up. I traced it to its source...the fan area. When the wineador is on and cooling it emits this smell.

Any advice on how to remove it?

Put cigars in.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ok. So my humidity was at a solid 74% for a complete week. When my cigars were loaded in then it dropped down to 65%. Now its at 63%. I am adding water to my KL bowl which is located at the very top. The Temp is 65 degrees. I would like to get it to 67%. What am I doing wrong?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ok. So my humidity was at a solid 74% for a complete week. When my cigars were loaded in then it dropped down to 65%. Now its at 63%. I am adding water to my KL bowl which is located at the very top. The Temp is 65 degrees. I would like to get it to 67%. What am I doing wrong?
Keep adding water to your KL until you reach your desired RH. Or add more KL at the bottom with some water and see what that does. Give it 24-48 hours before continuing to add water as it takes time for things to stabilize.

Also, use distilled water, not rubbing alcohol :)

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Nothing wrong with 63% so don't worry too much. Like was said above, possibly add another bowl of KL at the bottom because more is always better in this case. The more humidification media you have the more stable your RH will be, after you get it dialed in.

Just add a few sprays of distilled water to the KL and wait for a couple days for it to stabilize again. If it's still not quite up to your target RH then repeat. Patience is important here.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So even tho the temp is at 66 the moinsture will still rise? I have been putting KL at top and middle

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So even tho the temp is at 66 the moinsture will still rise? I have been putting KL at top and middle

Before you just said the KL was at the very top. If you have two bowls of KL, spritz them a little (both top and bottom) till RH gets to your desired percentage. Not much more to it. Just have patience and only check it after 1 or 2 days after spraying, if still low, repeat the process.