What's new

Newair CC-100 Inbound

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Had to move the drawer back to the top how it came because after seasoning the wood had expanded to where the drawer was hard against the shelf above it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think I'd sand the drawer down a bit so it can stay where you had it. (y)

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I remember seeing something somewhere in someone's build about a thing that you can plug in-line that wont let the unit turn back on when you lose power when it comes back. Preventing the unit from resetting to the factory setting. can anyone point me to that?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
After a few mores times spraying the KL sitting at 64%. Took a lot more than just a couple sprays to get to that point. I found out the factory setting when you unplug or lose power on these CC models is 64F which is actually 66F by my hygrometer so wont need to bother with a manual reset GFCI to keep it from coming back on. Will get some pics maybe later today with it loaded.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
After a few mores times spraying the KL sitting at 64%. Took a lot more than just a couple sprays to get to that point. I found out the factory setting when you unplug or lose power on these CC models is 64F which is actually 66F by my hygrometer so wont need to bother with a manual reset GFCI to keep it from coming back on. Will get some pics maybe later today with it loaded.
Thats pretty cool, wish mine reset to 64* instead of 55*.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Was toying with the idea of a fan but things have settled more and there is now only a 2% difference top to bottom. I think the fact that the cooling circulation fan runs constantly even though it's not cooling on these CC models helps. Plus the 100 isn't that big.
Added a small KL tray up top and have a larger one on the bottom. Plus 4 65 Bovedas, one in each tray and drawer.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Figured out last night that the door wasn't sealing all the way at the bottom corner opposite the hinge. Saw that it wast quite touching so I took my cell phone light through the glass and could see light coming out. Crap. I had some weather stripping so I wrapped around the outside corner of the seal. Seems to have worked . Might explain why RH would be solid for a few days then start dropping so I would charge the KL some more. It jumped a point over night just from doing that. It's a scratch and dent so if was that easily fixed I'll live with it.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ordered the Hygroset front mount. It comes with a rubber gasket around the thing had to take that off and still wouldn't fit until after some sanding. Took a couple tries to get the calibration dialed in. Will post a new pic later. Hoping there is enough room between the glass and he front of one of the lower 2 trays to mount the other one.