What's new

Online Humidors

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
im my coolidor i use extra cedar for aditional humidity control. the extra cedar will hold moisture so there wont be as much fluctuation.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Parts from a box are fine. Thinner is better if colume is a problem. Before you put the cedar in, make sure you wipe it down with distilled water so any moisture in the tuperdor isn't wasted on the cedar. If you are using larger/thicker pieces, soak them in a bowl of dist. water first, as wiping them down won't accomplish much.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ok so i went to wally world and got a rubbermaid container. its measures 14.7X8.5X5in and i plan on getting a boveda packet and a hygrometer and put a small piece of ceder on the bottom...how does that sound?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Cooledor, cooooooledor. coooooooooledor. Welcome to the wonderful world of cigars. You have just purchased a nice tupperware container that will be full in 10, 9, 8, 7. 6.....days! Bite the bullet. You are half way there already. Buy a 100 qt cooler with a good seal. You will need it shortly.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know that what everyone says but I am a poor college student so i dont see it getting to full to fast.... but in due time... due time...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
another question... would it be a good idea to wash it out with mild soap?
Always a good idea. Wash it and dry well then let it air dry. Make sure the soap has no perfume to it. The cedar will take care of most minor issues. Put some of the cedar sheets from your boxes int it> If you dont have any pick up a few from your local B&M. The sheets can be placed on the bottom. They will help stabilze the humidity and impart a nice aroma to the tupperdor.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I store most of my sticks in cigar boxes inside the tupperdors, so most sticks are IN cedar and any others are certianly surrounded by it. I also like organization, this is helps me in that respect as well.

The only negative to this vs a ceder sheets/lining and just dumping in the sticks is that my cigar box method uses MUCH more room, both because of the bulk of the actual boxes and because you now have to (get to!) play Legos in order to fit them in your bins efficiently.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok, thanks for the tips guys! so far ive got a 1.1 gal rubbermaid food container, i think it will do me for now. I ran it through the dish washer and rinsed it out with distilled water and there isnt much of a plastic smell left. Im heading downtown tomarrow with some friends to go down to the old market and naturally the cigar shops. I plan on picking up a boveda humidity packet and some singles. :smokingbo

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
The Tupperware/Rubbermaid are great options. I suggest them a lot when working at the lounge to people who just aren't ready for a regular humidor (we have a lot of college kids in our shop.) Keep it out of the sun/heat and you'll love it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Okay guys. thanks again for all the great info. Ive got my tupperdor up and goin. not to mention well stocked thanks to njstone and jmatkins! Ive got a boveda packet in there right now. but ive got another newbie question. does it matter where i put the packet in the tupperdor?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks yall. just wanted to make sure. I really want to post some pics up of the two bombs i got but my sister wont give me the old family (apparently hers) camera.