What's new

Possible Hydra Group Buy

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you would be interested in a Hyrda group buy, please post here. This is not a commitment, only seeing if we would have enough folks together. If you would like to discuss the product, please use this thread: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=16806

I do not have the details on pricing as I am sure that would depend on how many we get involved. I would most likely be going to a BOTL.org sponsor so we can support those that support us.

The average going price is about $80-$85 from what I have seen. They also offer fans & fan kits.

Detailed Description Introducing the Hydra™ Adjustable Electronic Cigar Humidifier!

The Hydra is designed to automatically regulate the humidity inside humidors up to 8 cubic feet.

This revolutionary electronic humidifier measures relative humidity twice a minute to provide the most accurate RH reading available.

The Hydra even features the Hyrgo Set technology to allow for easy display calibration.

Furthermore, the Hydra has two ports to allow up to three additional fans (with optional splitter) to provide better circulation to help eliminate any "RH pockets" typically found in cabinet humidors.

No need to check your water level either, the Hydra has a visual and audible indicator to let you know when you need to add distilled water.

Features:

- HygroSet™ adjustable technology for easy calibratin

- Two external fan ports

- Audible and Visual low water indicator

- Large LED for easy viewing

- Reports humidity reading every 30 seconds

- Instructions included

- Dimensions = 6"L x 2"W x 3 3/8"H

- 110v

- 1 year warranty

Optional Accessories:

HYDRA-SMCART - Water Cartridges

HYDRA-SMKIT - Fan Kit (fan, splitter, cable)

HYDRA-SMFAN - Individual External Fans
Instructions for the Hydra

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Interested, how many do we need before we get a volume break?

I've been looking at these and the "oasis".

Is either better than the other?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Interested, how many do we need before we get a volume break?

I've been looking at these and the "oasis".

Is either better than the other?
I have the Oasis and love it, but from what I've read about the Hydra, I'd have gone with that in a heart beat if it would've been available when I bought my Oasis. It looks top notch for the size category it's in.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have the Oasis and love it, but from what I've read about the Hydra, I'd have gone with that in a heart beat if it would've been available when I bought my Oasis. It looks top notch for the size category it's in.
Hey V,

Is your oasis a 110 unit or battery? I wish the Hydra had the batt. option. It is the same exact dimensions of the oasis unit, so you could re-use that cool little SC box for the Hydra, if you have one.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwintosh
i'd be interested in a couple, with 2 extra fans each!

This is from the discussion thread.

thanks for watching out for me Dave!!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Hey V,

Is your oasis a 110 unit or battery? I wish the Hydra had the batt. option. It is the same exact dimensions of the oasis unit, so you could re-use that cool little SC box for the Hydra, if you have one.
Mine's both 110 & battery, although I've never used the battery, can't see why I would in my application. Heck, even in a cooler I'd use the power supply as the ribbon cable is thin enough to not hamper a good seal, and it's more reliable, you don't have to check/change batteries and on the Oasis, when batteries get low, the hygrometer doesn't seem to work as well from what I've heard.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mine's both 110 & battery, although I've never used the battery, can't see why I would in my application. Heck, even in a cooler I'd use the power supply as the ribbon cable is thin enough to not hamper a good seal, and it's more reliable, you don't have to check/change batteries and on the Oasis, when batteries get low, the hygrometer doesn't seem to work as well from what I've heard.
Sweet, Thanks