What's new

Sealed Ziploc Bags in Coolidor/Humidor

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Freeze...Don't risk it.

Also, those sticks will definitely not get nearly the same humidification if the ziplock is sealed.
^^^^ Please explain the lower Clint. Cause if humidity from the bag is escaping along with air being exchanged.... Then whatever humidity you have in that humi is going right back into that sweet little Baggie. If not you would have a vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant that the actual amount of air flowing through a sealed bag would be very limited, so depending on what relative humidity was already in the sealed bag, the sticks might dry up. (I may be wrong...I am always learning, so feel free to correct!!)
Or worse. If they go into the baggy wet the closed system with no air movement can develop mold and issues.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
appreciate all your feedback and help.

Am I correct in that normal household freezers dont get nearly cold enough to freeze stogies? If so I might just need to do a separate isolation tupperdor

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
appreciate all your feedback and help.

Am I correct in that normal household freezers dont get nearly cold enough to freeze stogies? If so I might just need to do a separate isolation tupperdor
Depends on the freezer; check your manual or online for settings. I can set my freezer down to I think -15 or some crazy number.

Also don't forget what Paul said (Pbiddy) habanos freezes all there exported cigars from cuba, so if it is habanos your worrying about maybe that will put you at ease about the whole thing.