What's new

Storing Tubed Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually keep my tubed cigars in the tubes while in the humidor. Seems to have worked fine for the last several months I've owned a humidor...

ToranoFan

BOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i keep them in the tubes ... i just remove the caps and keep them in a spare box, if i take some on the road, easy enough to seal them up.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I love the La Aroma de Cuba Marquis tubos. I take the caps off of the tubes and leave them in the humi for a week. I then place the caps back on them and leave it that way until I am ready to smoke them.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I keep my sealed tubes in my humi. Never had a problem with any of them. There are vastly different tubes you should note. Many metal or plastic tubes were not intended to be a perfect seal, Others like the wax sealed glass tubes, do a heck of a good job with the seal. I tend to open the metal tubes, but leave the wax sealed glass tubes as i got them.

The mold problems I've seen with tubes often have to do with condensation forming inside the tube from dramatic changes in temperature. Down here is Florida it's a problem, a store has a nice cold storage cabinet that keeps being opened by customers in a hotter humid room. The warm blast of air hits dew point and you have wet, alum tubes are the worst. Once in my humidor I've never had a problem with any tubed cigar.