What's new

Superidor and wihygro - DONE!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Great job for sure. The way you integrated technology to the antique box is awesome. Also, the documentation is very handy for someone who wants to try their hand at DIY...

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Amazingly beautiful......

.jacob, I understand VB+ very well and try to understand Java and other OOP. I looked through the code you had and for some reason there always seems to be something missing when I look at OOP code. For example, is the code for the object SentMyTweet missing?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hi Starz,

The sketch includes two code libraries on top, one of which is WiServer.h and that is for the wifi shield I am using. In there is deeper Tweet code.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! I modded the code a bit to make the humidifier work a bit more efficiently. Now it turns on when humidity drops below 65% and off when it exceeds 66.25%. Right now If humidity <65%, fan on, if >65% fan off. This causes the fans to turn on and off too frequently for my liking.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks guys! It'll be even better soon: I just placed an order for something special from Ron. :)

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Made a few upgrades...

First I switched from the weak Cigar Oasis XL Plus to a much heartier humidifier canister from RonC for the Accumonitor. The much larger 60 mm fan provides great pull and throws the moisture around, however, I upgraded the .26a fan it came with to a .36a fan. It's beast now. I used the 30mm fan from the Cigar Oasis as a secondary fan mounted higher in the humidor. I've only had it in the humidor for about a week and the wick has already developed mold which is disappointing. Have others had a better experience?

I had been using an unregulated 9v DC power supply to run the fans and the wihygro but the wihygro was getting warm since it only needed 5v and this was skewing the temp and humidity readings. I've now switched to a dual output power supply, 12v for the fans and 5 for the wihygro and it's running much cooler now. I also relocated the sensor closer to the rear wall, higher up, and further from the main unit. I'm excited to see how these changes reflect on Twitter.

Finally with RonC's expert advice I played with my wihygro code and settled on humidity differential of 3% The fans come on when humidity is <64.5% and turn off when humidity reaches 67.5%. This keeps the fans running sparingly and lets the 1 lbs of beads I have do their work -- absorb when the fans are running and release when they're off until it's dry enough for the fans to come back on.

Little transistor control circuit used to control the fans. The loose black wire is a signal wire going to the wihgro.

Relocated sensor

Happy cigars. :)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: