What's new

The eleagant winador

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm getting there.

photo 4.jpg

The tricky part was figuring out how to keep the door working while at the same time not making the door obvious.

With most units the drawers are the main focal point. While the drawers look nice I prefer the look of cigars so I'm going to incorporate an idea that my cigar loving son gave to me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
She's done. Stained, varnished, conditioned and full of cigars (well not really full)

I decided to build an angled shelf for the winador so that the cigars are on display. While drawers look very nice, I love the look of cigars and cigar boxes. I made a shallow pan for kitty litter and installed in in the back where it won't be seen. I filled the winador with cigar boxes. Most of them are empty :inpain: but they help hold moisture. Conditioning was fairly simple. Before I put the cigars in I had the KL and boxes in. I sprayed the KL and then I put some distilled water into a glass bowel and boiled it in the microwave. I then put it in the winador. The water vapor made everything wet but after an hour all the moisture had been absorbed by the wood, KL and air. By using water vapor I was able to get moisture everywhere fast. I did it twice and then it was ready to go.

photo 5.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
She's done. Stained, varnished, conditioned and full of cigars (well not really full)

I decided to build an angled shelf for the winador so that the cigars are on display. While drawers look very nice, I love the look of cigars and cigar boxes. I made a shallow pan for kitty litter and installed in in the back where it won't be seen. I filled the winador with cigar boxes. Most of them are empty :inpain: but they help hold moisture. Conditioning was fairly simple. Before I put the cigars in I had the KL and boxes in. I sprayed the KL and then I put some distilled water into a glass bowel and boiled it in the microwave. I then put it in the winador. The water vapor made everything wet but after an hour all the moisture had been absorbed by the wood, KL and air. By using water vapor I was able to get moisture everywhere fast. I did it twice and then it was ready to go.

View attachment 62550

View attachment 62551

View attachment 62552
That is fantastic!