What's new

The Humidor Is Finally Done!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
(Very cool glass...I had never heard of "clear seedy" before.)
I think it's a pretty standard item at glass shops. They had a display of about a dozen different kinds of textured glass, most, at least for my taste were to textured, I know that sounds odd looking at the pics as it seems it's very busy, but honestly it's not. I just wanted something to look vintage and seeing it in real life it just looks like very old bad glass, you can certainly see the contents, but just in a somewhat distorted kind of way.

Thanks for all the compliments fellas, honestly it wasn't really that hard, just a little trial and error, a lot of patience and of course the last 10 years of working with wood gives a guy a little edge up. It was a fun project, one with a lot of headaches, but always very rewarding in the end. I'm sure Matt, Arlin or Bob could've done a much better job and probably quicker as well, but for me I like looking at it knowing that I made it from scratch, there's just a level of satisfaction I get when I complete a project.

I've gotten several PM's asking if I'd consider building one for members here and my reply has always been the same, "I'll leave that to the professionals." It's not that I wouldn't like to, but with the limited time I have to work in my shop, I could never guarantee dates, plus it'd be cheaper to have the big boys do it as they've done it so many times that their procedures are all set in place, jigs made, plans and dimensions already determined. So for the hobbyist, it just takes longer as every piece is done from scratch, not just in materials, but planning as well. Trust me, I'd love to do one for everyone that wanted one, I love doing this kind of work, but it's just a hobby.

Well, that was a much longer reply than I'd anticipated! :rofl:

Wade

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Now I know what you packer fans do when not watching football:stretchgr You're playing with your wood, LOL! Nice job Wade you do very quality work, I'd hire you:stretchgr

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes, even if you carved up twice as much wood as needed(not really a green statement :bigeyes: ) and you broke the glass first.. IT TURNED OUT SWEET..:drool: