What's new

Thicker cedar sheets

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So that guy was pretty great. I called gave him the measurements and he quoted me 6.41$ a square foot and said I'd be fine with a 4x4' at most a 4x6 board. If I want to be able to mess up once. But he thinks he only has 3/4in thick...and he said he has no clue if its kiln dried. He gonna find out and call me back.
Britt, give me that number when your done. I might order some and have you pick it up for me if that's cool.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So that guy was pretty great. I called gave him the measurements and he quoted me 6.41$ a square foot and said I'd be fine with a 4x4' at most a 4x6 board. If I want to be able to mess up once. But he thinks he only has 3/4in thick...and he said he has no clue if its kiln dried. He gonna find out and call me back.
Britt, give me that number when your done. I might order some and have you pick it up for me if that's cool.
Of course. It's 800-426-9663 it's all the way in flag staff so I may just have them ship if they do that. I forgot to ask. But we can place our orders together if it works out and you can piggyback on my shipping.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Rockler woodworking sells ¼"×4"×48" for $23.99.

Depending on how much you're looking for, two or three (or even four) brothers could buy a plank and split the price and the wood.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, I would like to add some thicker sheets of cedar to my humi. However, I would disagree with going to your local lumber yard, if it was that simple I would have already done it. We need kiln dried spanish cedar, not the cedar used for building saunas or smoking salmon on. Usually this is found at specialty wood working shops like Woodcraft.
Well in denver we have two lumber shops that had Spainish Cedar kiln dried in stock. I'm sure you guys in Phoenix can find some also. Not only places like woodcraft sell it trust me.
Sorry, not lucky enough to live in Denver. Here in GA, I have encountered no lumber yards that have kiln dried spanish cedar.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Amazing that Flag has it but not PHX. When I lived in Flag I always had to go down to PHX for my supplies. Happy you guys found someplace that can get it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sometimes the answer is at your local B&M who probably throw away more boxes than you'd ever buy. Call them and ask them if you can have some set aside and while you're there buy a few cigars as a way of thanking them.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sometimes the answer is at your local B&M who probably throw away more boxes than you'd ever buy. Call them and ask them if you can have some set aside and while you're there buy a few cigars as a way of thanking them.
I'm going for a more refined approach than boxes though.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
I'm not sure if he's still an active member, but you might try calling Forrest. Maybe he can point you in a good direction. I'm sure he's swamped but you never now he might have a good source. Sorry if someone already mentioned this, I skimmed.