What's new

Today’s Smoke - 2024

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
La Aurora Fratello Texan.

It's been in my humidor for at least 4 years. Given to me by a former coworker in a sampler pack she bought me as a thank you when I took care of her husband who had a cardiac arrest at home, over an hour of CPR, on every life support device we have, and made a remarkable recovery against all odds.

She was a hardcore anti smoking woman who would lecture anybody who smelled like smoke even if she had no reason to be talking to them. When her husband woke up and was neurologically intact she said what can I do to thank you. I said Deb, buy me a cigar. I just wanted to see her purchase tobacco. She actually got me a decent sampler pack, must've at least done some legwork.

I've not touched this one cause it's HUGE 7x60 it seems. I prefer coronas, and even smaller. But I'm lighting this one tonight looks like it'll last a few hours so I picked a movie to match the smoking time.
20240124_174827.jpg

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Warped Moon Garden Painted by Moonlight

First one I tried in July was quite peppery. Let's see what 6 months of humi time has done to it.

Edit: The first half was still peppery, maybe not as much but it still let you know it was there. Second half was a little smoother. A few more months of humi time and then I'll try another.

IMG_3299.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another 70° day.

I'm excited to try this one. It smells like a Latakia bomb. I've smoked English Blend with less campfire on the nose. It will either be a winner or an experience to learn from.

Edit: I forgot the obligatory thanks you @Jakethesnake.

The Latakia is a bit heavy on the tongue, but not bad. Taste like a Dunbarton early on with the pipe tobaccos picking up in the second third. The other elements of the English blend kick in and out around the half way point. Not a daily smoker, but something worth trying a couple of times a year.

Last edited: