What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Half day sales on the road, other half work from home. So smoked a JUN 05 PSD4 on way back home. These must not suit me well or are totally at a between period. Very one dimentional medium peppery smoke that does nothing more for me (for the third time). I tosses just past 1/2 way through.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Hmmm, let's see.

Yesterday I smoked a SLR Regio on the way in, two RA 898v on the golf course and PSD4 on the way home.

Overall I would have to say it was a pretty good Monday. :thumbsup:
What do you do with the cigar while you're hitting off the tee, etc.? It was too windy to smoke on the golf course today anyway.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just give'm another shot in the latter part of '06 Steve. I was like you until I tried one that was on. It was an '04 and I'm not sure of the month. Time my friend, time!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
While most people enjoy the PSD4's I am one who just doesn't get the hype on them. I have tried the whole range; from freshies to aged 10 years, and I just haven't enjoyed them.

Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
tubaman said:
While most people enjoy the PSD4's I am one who just doesn't get the hype on them. I have tried the whole range; from freshies to aged 10 years, and I just haven't enjoyed them.

Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke.
Yep! One of my favorites, but I hear the above often. For me, it is the Choix Supreme - had them from 1 - 10 years and think them as you guys do the PSD4. For the life of me I cannot figure out what the fuss is about with that vitola. Glad we love variety! :peace:

Just smoked an '04 Petite Robusto out on the deck. It is about 80 F here; early for this kind of heat around here, but very nice! :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Fox said:
Yep! One of my favorites, but I hear the above often. For me, it is the Choix Supreme - had them from 1 - 10 years and think them as you guys do the PSD4. For the life of me I cannot figure out what the fuss is about with that vitola. Glad we love variety! :peace:

Just smoked an '04 Petite Robusto out on the deck. It is about 80 F here; early for this kind of heat around here, but very nice! :glassesgr
Weird, had a Choix just the day and liked it very much. Different storkes for different folks.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Headbanger said:
Half day sales on the road, other half work from home. So smoked a JUN 05 PSD4 on way back home. These must not suit me well or are totally at a between period. Very one dimentional medium peppery smoke that does nothing more for me (for the third time). I tosses just past 1/2 way through.
If you have more of these I would hold off on smoking them. From what I have learned from the PSD4 guru's is that you smoke them 8 mo or younger, then put them down for a long nap, and dont touch them until they have a couple of years on them. This cigar could have very well been sick.

Personally I enjoy the PSD4 spice, so they may not be your cup of tea.

I was hoping for lightening to stike twice as I smoked another Punch RS12 today. It was very tight and buned bad for about the first half. Poked it about half way through and it drew a little better, then tightened up again and became hot from trying to get a good draw out of it.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I had an 05 Choix Supreme last night and it was fanatastic. My experience with my box of PSD4's has been like Headbanger's too. However, the first few of those I ever smoked were older and I thought were wonderful so I haven't given up on them.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Good idea...I think I'd probably bite it too hard, get pissed about the hit, and then go crazy. Oh wait, that's what I normally do now when I play golf :hysterica

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Late Post: Was on the road to MT. yesterday
After getting to hotel enjoy a great smoking evening. Had a
AF Chateau Fuente after dinner enjoyed a Don Carlos Double Robusto to top the night of had a PSD#4... :halfgrinw

Status
Not open for further replies.