What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just finished an AF anejo #50 reserva that Randy ( AZ Steelman) gave me, what a tasty cigar, I have to order some of these, if I can find them

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I had a Carlos Torano. Exodus 1959. Not to bad burned really well.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Geez, I hate to continue using you as a guinea pig Chuck :grin: but how did the 601 compare to the Pepin blues or blacks?

What color was the band?
The band is Red. I hate to talk about a cigar until I have had three. This was a little harsh in the first quarter then mellowed out with some nice sweetness. Full bodied cigar that kept getting stronger. I enjoyed it but had an empty stomach. Would have been better after a steak.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mmmm....good choice, quadratic. The xXx is quite an awesome beast.

No cigar for me today though.

And David? Sorry to hear things aren't going so hot -- I hope they get better.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Perdomo Reserve #3 (shape is like a Short Story) w/ a rosado wrapper. Very good smoke - lots of creamy, cocoa flavors.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Would you compare it to anything in particular?
It's similar to other EO brands, but you can't compare it to anyhting Pepin rolls. I think he's just blending tobacco the EO has so it's not comprable to a pepin or tatuaje or anything elase like that.

Over all it's a tad spicy for the first couple of minutes and then mellows out to a very nice smoke. The Black Label has a nice floral/vege taste to it where as the red is a little more earthy.

They are pretty good cigars if you judge them on thier own merit instead of hoping to get another pepinesque cigar.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
It's similar to other EO brands, but you can't compare it to anyhting Pepin rolls. I think he's just blending tobacco the EO has so it's not comprable to a pepin or tatuaje or anything elase like that.

Over all it's a tad spicy for the first couple of minutes and then mellows out to a very nice smoke. The Black Label has a nice floral/vege taste to it where as the red is a little more earthy.

They are pretty good cigars if you judge them on thier own merit instead of hoping to get another pepinesque cigar.
I think your right Rob. It was good but not great on the Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.