Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0
Enjoy it Bro.............
done,,, light, quite airy, quite mild, irregular burn (touch-ups needed), short unpronounced aftertaste (almost like short-filler)... eh, overall ok.

is there more than one 601? robusto size... black/gold band w/ gold 601... thought this was the pepin...??:dunno:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
done,,, light, quite airy, quite mild, irregular burn (touch-ups needed), short unpronounced aftertaste (almost like short-filler)... eh, overall ok.

is there more than one 601? robusto size... black/gold band w/ gold 601... thought this was the pepin...??:dunno:
Red, Blue and Black... Not my fav Pepin. I have had all three. Like the blue best but none on my OH MY list.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Was off work a lil early today, started raking leaves and getting ready for cool weather, Had a Padron Series 1926, so what r guys having tonite????

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Not sure yet, but I'll be at a Men's retreat all weekend. So I better make it something good, cause I'll be smokeless until Sunday evening.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
So i was having trouble deciding. I didn't have a ton of time, and all my robustos are at the office (lunchtime length). So I needed a shorter stick and the only thing I have less than 6 inches at home Are a PDS4 and some WOAM. Both of which are being saved for the Herf. So I grabbed a Juan Lopez corona. I'm always confused by those foreign vitolas, cause this was way shorter than any corona we would see here. It had a nice full flavor and that certain kick/spice combo I've come to expect from sticks from that country. But OMG this thing burned at nearly a 45 degree angle for almost the entire stick. And had a gapping hole/tunnel that ran down the entire length of the stick. Still got my head buzzing and my mouth watering, but the burn was distracting. Has anyone else tried these?

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
. . .snip. . .But OMG this thing burned at nearly a 45 degree angle for almost the entire stick. And had a gapping hole/tunnel that ran down the entire length of the stick. Still got my head buzzing and my mouth watering, but the burn was distracting. Has anyone else tried these?. . .snip. . .
I have never cared for this particular vitola, although I love the JL #1. I also had burn problems with a number of samples. For the most part though, I found the cigar to be rather bland. . .and they all had quite a bit of age on them. For a great smoking experience, try the JL #1 with 3 - 5 years of age. . .or older. . .:smile: Someone feel free to correct me, but I think that was a European release. . .France, maybe? :dunno:

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Today I dug deep in the Humi and found a La Gloria Cubana Wavall, haven't had one of these in a long while, was a good lil powerful smoke.....:smokingbo What r Y'all having today???

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
For me it will be Ashton San Cristobal. Having spent the last 30 days in a temperature-controlled, dark and somewhat crowded place, poor lil' thing is begging to be caressed, sparked and enjoyed!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0
i didn't have a chance to smoke mine,,, fricking busy day!!! i'm done now, too tired to smoke, so i guess i'll just drink!!

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I had a AF Hemingway Short Story at the dental office while waiting for the 3 hr. Surgery on the lil Lady, and just had a CAO L'Anniversaire #4 (from Miss. Rifleman for the NASCAR Fantasy League)...Thanks Bro

Status
Not open for further replies.