What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Second one of these that I have smoked. The first was at the Chattanooga Tweet Up that I bought and this one that was a gift from Jason of Miami Cigars. This is a beautiful cigar with excellent construction and burn, great medium body , medium strength, and just some sweet nutty goodness. I am surprised that this particular stick with the Habano wrapper doesn't get more love here. I'd smoke this one anytime.
IMG_1147.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Second one of these that I have smoked. The first was at the Chattanooga Tweet Up that I bought and this one that was a gift from Jason of Miami Cigars. This is a beautiful cigar with excellent construction and burn, great medium body , medium strength, and just some sweet nutty goodness. I am surprised that this particular stick with the Habano wrapper doesn't get more love here. I'd smoke this one anytime.
View attachment 69371
To be honest the band has steered me away from the brand. Not fair to the maker but that's how it goes sometimes. I will be on the lookout for those and give em a shot now though

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
View attachment 69371
I don't smoke many of his sticks anymore but Nestor Miranda is one the nicest guys I've met in the industry. I smoked with Nestor a few years ago and he shared one of his favorite cognacs with me and told some great stories for hours.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Stopped by the Bull City Cigar retail shop again and picked up another shop exclusive.

Bull City Cigar Corojo Maduro Wrapper - "Cubano" vitola - (No Name)
It is the "Indonesian Blend" with a Corojo Maduro wrapper instead of a Besuki wrapper. The first third gave me fits. There were a couple hollow spots that nearly made the cigar go out. It seemed like the "frog legs" on the leaves caused some issues in the bunching phase. After the second third started it was rolling at full force with no problems. A solid medium body cigar with a nice pepper kick, earth, hay, sweetness, and a couple of flavors I couldn't identify. I think I like this blend with the Besuki wrapper a little more. It really is pretty much a matter of mood though.

I've had two out of a dozen of their cigars that had some burn issues. It is a bit disconcerting, but on par with what I've had with Room 101.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.