Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Smokes from last night and tonight!
Last night I didnt have long so I busted out the HUHC that I got thanks to @daleo8803. My first cuban thanks a ton brother! (the pic is super blurry because my phone was being a bitch)

Tonight I had all the time in the world so I went for the CHAA14 that given to me by @Spenny and it was fantastic! I detailed the deliciousness of the stick in chat for those who were there, but to recap:
the stick had great toasty wooded flavors with nuts. A spicy retrohale...not Pepper spice though, a herbal or bakers spice. Long bittersweet finish with notes of coffee. and intermittent notes of creamy chocolate in the first third. Second third the herbal quality came to the forefront and the spice and wood died down. Kinda reminded me of the Headly grange for the whole middle part of the stick. At the end the spiciness and coffee notes came back to join the herbal flavors with the addition of some tart citrus notes. Damn it was tasty.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Earlier this evening. With some knob creek bourbon. I'll be sticking with scotch from here on out. Did not enjoy the bourbon at all.
Cigar was good though!

And now the Luchador from Sam Leccia
Ron

What other bourbons have you tried? I'm not a fan of Knob Creek either but really enjoy Bulleit and Buffalo Trace. If you want less sweetness and more woody notes look to Eagle Rare and Elijah Craig. All are very good.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ron

What other bourbons have you tried? I'm not a fan of Knob Creek either but really enjoy Bulleit and Buffalo Trace. If you want less sweetness and more woody notes look to Eagle Rare and Elijah Craig. All are very good.
None that I can think of. Unless you count George Dickel (love the barrel select) or makers mark (regular is good, 46 is better). Besides that, it's been single malt or rye for me. I only started drinking whisky a couple years ago. Took me that long to realize I loved it so much lol

Thanks for the recomendations!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Never had Dickel. Also not a fan of Makers Mark, but can tolerate it. Haven't had the 46 either. If you want old school high proof but still with decent taste look for Old Forester Signature 100 proof and still tasty. But I definitely recommend trying some Bulleit and either Eagle Rare or Elijah Craig to give you some additional perspective.

I personally don't care for rye (but Bulleit also makes a rye). Not much of a scotch drinker either but I wouldn't turn down a Johnny Walker Black or Laphroaig. Bourbon is definitely my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.