What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
FdlA with Costa Rican coffeeView attachment 163449
Didn't care for the last FdlA I had, a belicosos.

Wasn't bad by any means and had excellent draw,burn and construction, but like the recent My Father's I've had, just didn't do it for me anymore even though I used to really enjoy them back in the day.

Hadn't made the connection until just now, that they are both Don Pepin Garcia cigars, so apparently something has made me lose my taste for their smoke over the last 10 years.

Will likely shy away from buying any more DPG offerings

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
La Barba Red 52x4.5"

Super flakey ash and it keeps going out. It started off well, and the others have been good, but the repeated relights have given it a charred character.

ETA: It appears the ligero was basically folded and then the other tobacco accordion rolled and laid in the middle. The wrapper also appears to be rolled with gaps instead of tight seems. It was horribly rolled and I tossed it half way through. This is starting to become a theme with smokes involving Caldwell that I buy. Most of the Cbid sampler was like this and now 1 of the 3 I've smoked from the La Barba box. I was about to buy a box of Room101 cigars, but I think I'll skip it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.